Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
1tenor

TV cable mystery

Newbie here. Planning on installing a flat screen TV in my new RV. In the "media center" I see the coax connector with the amplifier from the rooftop antennae. There is also another plate with two coax connectors. At present there's a short piece of coax connecting the two jacks together. The camper has an exterior coax connector for cable TV. I'm assuming one of the two connectors is where that signal comes out but I'm puzzled as to the other. Any ideas?
1tenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
Wyldfire

On mine you unhook the bottom short connector and hook up satellite receiver in its place for Sat TV.
Wyldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #3
Pete Hartley

I just dug into the back of my 2019 RLDS cabling a few minutes ago. The upper connector on the upper plate is direct from the antenna. The upper plate lower connector is the rv internal splitter (hence the feed from direct to the splitter). The lower plate is the signal amplifier and it’s output (boosted signal).
Here’s a question for you. The antenna coax for the Jensen stereo goes nowhere - just dangling, the tv input coax is connected to the booster. Where is your stereo antenna connected to?
Pete Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable