Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2018, 06:26 AM   #41
ChuckS

The odds of both the stove and water heater having failed shutoff valves seems remote ... I’d be suspect of upstream at tank regulator.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:12 AM   #42
kathyTerry

He doesn't seem to think that is the case. He thinks that the water heater has never worked on propane. We've always used it on electric. Don't know for sure though.
kathyTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:14 AM   #43
kathyTerry

He's going to go through all of the responses. We got unexpected company on Thursday so we took a break from this for a few days.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:03 AM   #44
Jmongeau

If there is possibly a low spot in the line after it Ts off to the stove disconnect it at the lowest point have someone push propane through it and make sure you do not have oil in the line. I know, sounds crazy but depending on how the tank/s were filled it happens.
Jmongeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:54 AM   #45
BadmanRick

Hi Kathy I had a similar problem. It was the regulator. I have two propane tanks and My regulator is an an auto switch regulator. It has a manual shutoff. It should point to the tank you are using. It will automatically switch to the full tank and you need to manually switch the selector to the full tank to get full pressure. Also you must open the valves slowly or else the internal safety will activate and shut off the tank. If this is a newer camper it may still be under warranty so have your unit checked by a certified technician.
It also appears that the stove/oven had been changed out prior to a cheaper unit to your receving your camper. I don’t know of any new Keystone trailers that don’t have a pezo start on the stove. The oven is normally a manual ignition oven no pezo start.
Hope this helps.
BadmanRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #46
kathyTerry

We don't have an auto switch regulator on our propane tanks. We purchased our 2017 Keystone Passport new and it came with that stove/oven. Unfortunately, it is no longer under warranty. Didn't want everyone to think I'd just stopped monitoring the answers. We got company and then my husband got sick. When he's up to it, we'll go back over all the answers and try to find what's going on with our stove and water heater. Thank you all for your responses. I can't tell you how much we appreciate your help. We'll let you know what we find when he's feeling better......soon, I hope.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:30 PM   #47
chuckster57
Site Team

Your trailer should have an auto switchover regulator, my 2012 has one. We will be standing by at the ready once you investigate further.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:55 AM   #48
notanlines

Kathy, just to satisfy an old man's curiosity, can you post a picture of your regulator? I can't help but suspect that you have a cheap model of an auto-change regulator.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:23 AM   #49
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

[QUOTE=BadmanRick;300131I don’t know of any new Keystone trailers that don’t have a pezo start on the stove. The oven is normally a manual ignition oven no pezo start.
Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, my '16 Impact is match light only for both the stove and oven. [emoji26]

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:03 AM   #50
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Sadly, my '16 Impact is match light only for both the stove and oven. [emoji26]
Chip,

If you have the same Atwood stove as me (I'd guess you do), you can buy the parts to install the piezo "rotary ignition" system for about $30. I installed it in our stove the first year we owned the trailer. Easy to add, the holes for all the mounts are already present, just covered by a thick decal. To verify that, remove the top of your stove and take a peek behind the far left corner of the "knob plate". You'll see the 3 holes for the rotary knob.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:07 AM   #51
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Chip,

If you have the same Atwood stove as me (I'd guess you do), you can buy the parts to install the piezo "rotary ignition" system for about $30. I installed it in our stove the first year we owned the trailer. Easy to add, the holes for all the mounts are already present, just covered by a thick decal. To verify that, remove the top of your stove and take a peek behind the far left corner of the "knob plate". You'll see the 3 holes for the rotary knob.
Thanks, John. That's good information to know.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:53 AM   #52
Ken / Claudia

After 6 pages and no one mentioned make sure the tanks have propane. Do not guess actually check them. I always start with the easy stuff and work back or up to the less likely item or harder to get to first. I learned the hard way.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:45 PM   #53
kathyTerry

We finally were able to get back to our stove problem. New neighbor owns an RV/boat mobile repair business. He took a quick look at it and told us our propane regulator on the tanks was bad. We ordered a new part and installed it ourselves. Sure enough!! Thank you all for your help.
Kathy
Old 11-20-2018, 03:37 AM   #54
notanlines

Thanks for the reply Kathy. It helps us all in knowing what the final answer/problem/solution was. I always thought it might be nice if Chuckster was my neighbor; RV tech and diesel guy all wrapped in one.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
Old 11-21-2018, 07:37 AM   #55
kathyTerry

Our neighbor is so busy that it's hard to get him to look at our TT. He at least pointed us in the right direction. I always look at the forums to see if someone else has had the same problem so hope this might help someone else. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 08-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #56
DavidDunster

New to the forum here, joined today. I have a 2016 3220BH. I found this forum by searching for a reason why my stove burners won't light. I have the Wedgewood Vision RV-1735BB. Stove has worked fine last month, until the other day. I was not able to light any burner. There was propane at the stove regulator so I thought that was the problem. It was not.

If my furnace was running, then I could light my burners. As long as the furnace was running, I could use the stove. As soon as the furnace quit, the flame on the burner went out. Now I cannot light the stove at all.

I have turned off both propane tanks.
I disconnected both tanks.
I turned on the furnace to bleed the lines.
The furnace eventually quit running as no propane in the line.
I left it alone for 10 or more minutes.
I went back out and reattached the tanks.
I slowly turned both tanks on, one at a time.
I then went in and turned on the furnace. It started and produced heat.
Water heater is running with propane.
Have not tried outside kitchen. ps: Outside stove lights
Fridge is on auto so not using propane since I am plugged in.
I just switched fridge to propane. It took awhile but running on propane now.

My stove will not light, new regulator on stove, propane does go to the regulator.

Any suggestions on why the stove does not light or why no propane at the burners?

Only thought is the regulator is toast, although brand new or the tube going from the regulator to the burners is blocked.
DavidDunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:01 AM   #57
flybouy
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. You have posted to a post that was last activity was 21 months ago. You're more likely to get peplies by starting a new post. You also will get better answers if you list the year and model of your trailer. Most folks list the year and model of their trailer and truck in the signature line.

Is your stove in the slide out? How do you know you have propane up to the regulator?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:26 AM   #58
DavidDunster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Welcome to the forum. You have posted to a post that was last activity was 21 months ago. You're more likely to get peplies by starting a new post. You also will get better answers if you list the year and model of your trailer. Most folks list the year and model of their trailer and truck in the signature line.

Is your stove in the slide out? How do you know you have propane up to the regulator?
Stove is not in a slideout. I know there is propane getting to the stove because if I slightly loosen the nut at the inlet to the stove regulator, there is propane leaking out. Trailer is a 3220BH.

I posted here in hope the original OP had found what their problem was since the symptoms sound the same.

I will post a new entry.
DavidDunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:59 AM   #59
flybouy
Site Team

If you click on their name, then statistics you can see that the Last Activity: 12-20-2018 01:15 PM
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #60
notanlines

KarhyTerry posted that their problem was the original regulator at the two tanks. Certainly worth looking at twice!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle

Tags
dometic, light, propane