Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2018, 07:11 AM   #1
Stanbro

Alpine deleted dishwashers. Why?

I recently ordered a new Alpine with several options. I specifically wanted an Alpine as it had a dishwasher. I was informed that the dishwasher is no longer available. Try as I might, I could not get them to build it with the dishwasher, even though it is shown in all the current literature.

Does anyone know why, not just a guess, but actually know why they quit installing them?

If you have an Alpine with a dishwasher, have you had any problems?
Stanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:31 AM   #2
Javi

Most likely... most folks didn't want them.. I know I was looking at the Alpines but asked that it have an RV fridge and no dishwasher and no washer / dryer...
Old 02-28-2018, 07:34 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

I’ve had the displeasure of dealing with a dishwasher in an RV. Furrion brand if I remember, all I can say I’d be happy it’s no longer available. Small loads and long run time.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
Kansas Gary

We have one in our Alpine. The wife uses it all the time with no problems what’s so ever. Alpine 3401 RS .
Kansas Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:01 PM   #5
Stanbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Gary View Post
We have one in our Alpine. The wife uses it all the time with no problems what’s so ever. Alpine 3401 RS .
Much thanks for the reply. I ordered a 3400RS. I will be installing the dishwasher myself.

How long have you had your Alpine?
Stanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:19 PM   #6
notanlines

Fisher and Paykel brand, no problems, very quiet and it does a good job. Wouldn't be without one. My hands don't react well with a lawnmower or dishwater.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:28 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Fisher and Paykel brand, no problems, very quiet and it does a good job. Wouldn't be without one. My hands don't react well with a lawnmower or dishwater.
That’s the brand in Tiffen motorhomes, it is a much better unit that the Furrion. That said, we have removed 3 for customers that wanted more drawers.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:55 PM   #8
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
That's what's in our Redwood & DW says when the one in the house craps out she wants 2 of these stacked. We have a builder friend that's adding them stacked when doing remodels & put them in his home.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:58 AM   #9
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanbro View Post
I recently ordered a new Alpine with several options. I specifically wanted an Alpine as it had a dishwasher. I was informed that the dishwasher is no longer available. Try as I might, I could not get them to build it with the dishwasher, even though it is shown in all the current literature.

Does anyone know why, not just a guess, but actually know why they quit installing them?

If you have an Alpine with a dishwasher, have you had any problems?
Because you can't run paper plates through a dishwasher...they were having clogging issues with the paper going down the drain! Just kiddin, not sure why they discontinued them other than less people wanted them.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:28 AM   #10
ChuckS

Most likely too many issues with water leaks and issues winterizing. Mine is an Alpine with no dish washer and no ice maker.. glad I entered have either to worry about. It’s just the wife and I so washing dishes is not an issue... we also occasionally use the fine china ... paper plates...
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #11
Don_T

I don’t know why but I think it is a good thing they no longer install them. We wanted outs deleted when we ordered, no way would they.

It doesn’t do a very good job of cleaning.
The dishes need to be nearly clean before they go in it.
We ca’t dit pots and pans in it.
The water supply line was leaking at one of the fittings when new. I had to replace the fittings to get it to stop leaking.
As far as we are concerned, it is a waste of space.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:07 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Most RV "drawer dish washers" are too small to do the entire meal's dishes (many pots and pans don't fit), they are noisy to run, so no turning it on when you go to bed and no reading a book in quiet or watching TV next to it while it's running. They are difficult to winterize, take up almost all the drawer space in most RV kitchens, so the trade off of giving up the silverware drawer for a dishwasher that you can't turn on unless you're leaving for an hour or so, makes them a choice most people just don't want to pay for, not use and hassle with every fall.

They haven't been a popular option and as they grew in "standard/no option" packages, people just didn't want to pay for them, so many manufacturers are opting to discontinue them on many models or to make them an extra cost option. Since Keystone keeps pricing down by offering very few options on their trailers, typically a dinette or free standing table or a second air conditioner are the only available options on many lines, apparently Keystone opted to just stop offering dishwashers rather than increase the cost of building it into an optional package. That keeps the build cost for all Alpines lower and makes them "priced in the same range as..."

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:26 AM   #13
Ddubya

Thinking about removing ours as we have never used it. I would sell it if someone is interested.

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:44 PM   #14
Kansas Gary

We bought it last year in aug. so not real long....
Kansas Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #15
travelin texans

Our P-F brand dishwasher is great, quiet, does a good job cleaning & definitely worth the money. No it won't hold huge pots & pans, but it's just the 2 of us so maybe 1 pot to hand wash per meal. Would absolutely pay for the option, on this brand, again.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:26 PM   #16
Tbos

One of the Alpine district sales reps told me it was to save costs and because they were difficult to install on the production line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine, washer