Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
WanderOne

Heat up front - Is there a valve

Hi,

Just got a Cougar 25RES 2018.

We have two thermostats and two air conditioners. And I am sure 1 furnace/heater. There is ducting in the floors (2) in the main cabin 1 in bathroom and one in bedroom (front) we can not seem to get the heat to flow into the bathroom vent or the bedroom. We have tried using the thermostat in the bedroom, but it doesn't seem to turn heat on. I am thinking that it is just for the air conditioner in the bedroom, which it does turn on.

Is there some sort of damper or valve to force air to come up to the front? Even covering the vents in back (for a test only) didn't move any heat or air period up to those floor vents. (stone cold).

What can you tell me?? Just poor design or is there something that may be broken, or something that I need to do?

Tom
WanderOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #2
TAZ23

First welcome to the forum.
It sounds like you either have a blockage or disconnect in the heat duct.
Start at the furnace and look for a loose or disconnected duct tube and work out from there.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:50 PM   #3
travelin texans

First, regardless of how many thermostats you have only 1 operates the 1 & only furnace that only blows from floor vents, others might control heat pump/heat strips on the air conditioner if equipped, but will blow from ceiling vents only.
Second remove the screws to the vents that aren't blowing to see if the duct is attached. Mine the duct to the bedroom had come loose underneath, then it was too hot so added a vent with louvers to close it off nearly all the way.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat