Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
prstlk

Scare light mystery

New to the group here and glad to find one that is all about Keystone products.

We have a new to us 2007 Challenger 34SAQ.

Most of the interior lights had already been converted to LED bulbs but the outside ones had not.

I ordered the comparable LED replacements and replaced them, all except the little light next to the landing gear switch on the outside front under the bedroom area. All 3 of the old scare light bulbs had burnt out so don't know if this was already a problem.

There is 1 scare light in between the slides on the kitchen side. It is located between the bedroom slide and the kitchen slide. It will not go out.

We have 4 light switches on the wall at the staircase (which is the most unhandy place to have them!) and none of those will turn it off. The door light and the scare light switches work on the appropriate lights WITH THE EXCEPTION of the one mentioned above.

Also, it does not seem to be any kind of motion detector or light sensor type of light as it is on during the daytime.

Can anyone tell me where the switch might be for it? I hate to have to pull the bulb out and not use it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help!

prstlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
14george

Do you have a remote to turn and off the lights if it was turned on with remote have to turn off with remote

2018 Cougar 32 RLI

Navy 1980-1984
14george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:23 PM   #3
Whitewolf

Had the scare lights turn on one time for no reason. I called the dealer and they insisted I must have turned it on using the remote. I didn't and neither did anyone else as the remote was in the truck.

I had to unplug from the post AND unhook the battery to reset whatever caused the lights to come on. Never did it again.

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms
'14 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Mag-Hytec trans and rear diff covers - Amsoil everywhere - Bilstein Shocks
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. If the light in question is on the side of the trailer where the utilities connect, the switch may be in one of the storage or utility compartments. I don't remember if the remote controls were offered for that model in '07. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:57 AM   #5
prstlk

We don't have a remote - at least not one that we found when we purchased the unit. Will try the other suggestions and report back.

Thanks to everyone.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #6
prstlk

Ok - unhooked the battery and that didn't help. It's still on.

Looked high and low for a hidden switch with no results.

Hate to just unplug the bulb and loose the use of the light.

Any other suggestions?
Old 08-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by prstlk View Post
Ok - unhooked the battery and that didn't help. It's still on.
Just a question: When you unhooked the battery did you also unplug from shore power? If (and I don't know if you do) there is a remote control unit, it must be completely "unplugged from power" in order to reset. So, all power to the trailer must be removed, all battery power and all shore power. Only then will the remote "brain" power down and reset.

Otherwise, is it possible that the light has a "small obscure internal switch", possibly it's on another circuit, the "other scare light", the convenience lights for the front of the trailer, or the porch light/step light ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:09 PM   #8
prstlk

John,

Thanks for the reply. We did turn off all shore power before we tried the battery test.

The only outside light switch there is is on the front hear the landing gear switch. We tried that one with no luck.

We have also tried all 4 of the wall switches and none of them turn it off. They do operate the other lights that they are supposed to though.

We do not have a remote for this unit - or at least it did not come with one.

We did not know the light had any kind of issues because all of the outside bulbs were burnt out when we bought the unit.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #9
ctbruce
Site Team

I am completely perplexed by disconnecting the battery and shore power and it still stays on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:26 PM   #10
MarkS

Bad switch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB