Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
ardmore alpine

newby help

bought our first trailer a new 2013 Alpine 3500RE and a Ram 2500HD Limited to pull it. Went to pull up camp this morning and the slideouts and landing gear would barely retract. Could some one tell me how to over ride the hydraulic system the Lippert you tube video is not my model. Mine has 4 valves and I don't see a place for a drill to open or close the slides. It is great to have such wonderful customer support closed when I needed them very limited hours of operation. Perhaps one of you can be of help thanks in advance Roger
ardmore alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
tileman

Make sure your battery voltage is up where it should be. Check for loose connections.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
danimal

Yep, tileman is correct. It's the battery or battery connections. Another thing to check on the battery is the water level. The deep cycle batteries in trailers are not sealed like car batteries.
2005 Keystone Hornet 245RKS
2008 Gulf Stream Trailmaster M220
Cobia 220 Walkaround w/Yamaha 200 OX-66 Fuel injection
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
ardmore alpine

newby help

All of the connections are tight now I think it may be a pump issue. Voltage is right at 13 volt Thanks Roger
ardmore alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
Ron

If the weather was cold the fluid will be thicker therefore the slides and if you have the 6 point auto leveling, it will run slower when retracting or going out, when my fluid is cold it will trip out the circuit breaker at times, just my 2 cents worth...
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
Cnc_hemi

Override

http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Le...eling%20II.pdf
Hope this helps.
Cnc_hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #7
LZScout

All above is correct but if the question you are really asking is how to make the system work without power, manual operation is necessary. You should have been given about a 10" flexible drill extension with a hex bit on the end. Use this and a battery operated drill to attach to the manual port on the end of your hydraulic pump motor. Spin in one direction, slides/level-up goes in/up, other direction they go out/down. The key is to isolate the parts so only the parts you want to move, do.

Both the slides and the level-up have separate manifolds that have isolation valves that can be opened/closed. The PDF manual above shows an example, it may or may not match what you have but should be similar.

Normally, all valves will be open. Shut the ones you don't want to move. I use a Ryobi drill that has an AC charger and also a DC charger. That way, I can recharge as necessary if I need to.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote