Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2013, 04:26 AM   #1
mcbarbee

Greetings from Texas!

My husband and I and our 3 furkids have just purchased a 2013 Keystone Grand Touring Passport with bunkhouse and outdoor kitchen. This is our 3rd RV but our first new one. My husband is retired and I have 9 months, two days, 17 hours and 8 minutes till I retire (but who's counting). We have four grown children; one in the Chicago, IL area, one in Colorado Springs, CO and two that are local. We have a six year old grandson from our oldest daughter that we just took local camping last weekend to one of those Jellystone Campgrounds (Waller, TX) and had a ball despite the heat. This was the second time we took the camper out.

We are going to take it out this weekend for Labor Day and go with some friends to Fredricksberg, TX (about a 3 hour drive) and then we will take it back to dealer for some warranty issues. We love the camper but we do have a few issues:
1. Refrigerator won't switch from electric to gas despite restarting it (per instructions) at least 25 times. It just keeps flashing "CHECK". Propane is turned on at the tanks and the stove right next to it lights.
2. The sofa-bed broke. There is a piece of wood under the bed in the front that supports the front part of the bed and it just cracked in half when someone was sitting on it. It must have been a bad piece of wood but I think it should of had a support in middle of couch to hold it up.
3. The bar that holds the door open popped out of the floor and the hole it screws into is stripped.
4. They must have replaced that white sliding part on the screen door with one that doesn't belong to the unit because when you shut it, there is a big gap that can't be covered.
5. One of the window hooks that holds the curtains back is ripped from wall. We didn't notice this at walk through.
6. A shelf in the door of the refrigerator broke when I opened it as well as the shelf in the freezer because it jammed. Wow are they made cheap!
The caulking is very sloppy in my unit. I know there is nothing that can be done about that but a little pride in workmanship would go a long way.

Aside from these items, we love our camper. Looking forward to camping when it gets a little cooler. The air conditioner can't seem to get the unit below 80 degrees when it's 100 degrees outside. I guess this is normal when it's this hot. We hope to take a trip cross country next summer when I am retired.

Nice to meet y'all!
mcbarbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
Javi

Howdy, and welcome to the forum.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:52 AM   #3
mcbarbee

Thanks!

Thanks,
Barbara, Steve, Buster, Sam and Mei Mei (little sister in Chinese).
We drive a 2010 F250 Super Duty
mcbarbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
GaryWT

Hello and welcome, lots of little headaches sometimes but once fixed, pure pleasure...
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
Kristi

from Oklahoma. Hopefully all your issues will be resolved quickly so you can get out & enjoy the new TT.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote