Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Wilkod

New Raptor is in

Dealer called today.... Our Raptor 395lev will be ready for inspection Saturday... Been waiting about 7 weeks. Will inspect Saturday and then spend Monday night in it to try to find all the bugs before we bring it home. Wish me luck!
Wilkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Wilkod -

If you haven't already got a Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist, there is one available to our forum members. You can view it by going to the Keystone Questions section of the forum and look for the sticky "Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist " at the top of the page. You can download, print and take a copy of it with you when you do your walk through at the dealership.

Many members have taken advantage of this and have reported back that they found it very useful and were glad that they had something to check off.

I hope all goes well during your walk-through.

Welcome to the forum and we're looking forward to hearing from you when you get your new toy.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
davidcyndi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkod View Post
Dealer called today.... Our Raptor 395lev will be ready for inspection Saturday... Been waiting about 7 weeks. Will inspect Saturday and then spend Monday night in it to try to find all the bugs before we bring it home. Wish me luck!
Yep bring the pre delivery inspection. Did you buy it at Holiday World by any chance? If so we will be up there too i can stop over and say hello.

"AUTISM IS NOT A TRAGEDY. IGNORANCE IS THE TRAGEDY."

https://i.imgur.com/3IyXHzt.png
davidcyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
Wilkod

Hello and thanks for the replies. Yes we are buying from holiday world. Well be there around 1300. So Dave and cyndi if you are there please stop buy - y'all can help me inspect the new 5th wheel. Should be fun - or sad depending on what needs attention
Old 03-29-2013, 05:37 AM   #5
chain_dogg

Had to look it up......Nice layout, big window on the door side, thats one thing the model 400 does not have. The only window is in the doors.

Party on Garth !!

chain_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
davidcyndi

Quote:
Hello and thanks for the replies. Yes we are buying from holiday world. Well be there around 1300. So Dave and cyndi if you are there please stop buy - y'all can help me inspect the new 5th wheel. Should be fun - or sad depending on what needs attention
Not sure what time we are going to be up there. We are getting a 2nd ac put in the tt so whatever time they call is when we are going to be there. If it is around 1 I will look for ya (look for the people with the big grins on their face lol)

Old 03-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Wilkod

So the walk through went well. Only found a couple of minor issues. Best part is my wife loves this thing!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
davidcyndi

Quote:
So the walk through went well. Only found a couple of minor issues. Best part is my wife loves this thing!!!
Heck yeah! Cant beat that... Glad everything went well now lets meet up at the campground somewhere.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
RGRTim

from Northern Virginia. Congrats on the new home away from home
Old 04-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #10
Wilkod

Thanks Rgrtim! Davecyndi, we'll be at yogi bear for the inaugural shakedown trip next weekend. If you can go look for a Raptor with a guy standing outside grinning ear to ear!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
JANKEII

We just picked up our 395LEV Raptor on friday at Holiday World. Dropped it back off on monday, since they installed the third A/C wrong. It was just a misunderstanding on how I wanted them to wire it. There was some minor stuff that needed to be fixed also. I saw another one ready for pick up on Monday. Looks like a popular style. I love the new LED lights on the front of the cab.
I'm going to check next time I pick it up. The dealer said it was 13'.5" tall. I'm thinking it's more above 14'.
Have you guys figured out where you are going to store your 50amp cord?
Old 04-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #12
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANKEII View Post
We just picked up our 395LEV Raptor on friday at Holiday World. Dropped it back off on monday, since they installed the third A/C wrong. It was just a misunderstanding on how I wanted them to wire it. There was some minor stuff that needed to be fixed also. I saw another one ready for pick up on Monday. Looks like a popular style. I love the new LED lights on the front of the cab.
I'm going to check next time I pick it up. The dealer said it was 13'.5" tall. I'm thinking it's more above 14'.
Have you guys figured out where you are going to store your 50amp cord?
Doubt very seriously it is over 13'6". That is the standard for tractor trailers. Anything over 13'6" has to have an oversized load placard as well as a pilot car in some situations. I would definitely say you are less than 13'6".

Enjoy the new digs!!!
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

I also doubt that it's over 13'6", but that's what the specs say on the Keystone website. That's probably where the dealer got his information. If you added another AC to the roof, I'd want to check to make sure just exactly how tall it really is. Get a 2x4 and a level, put the 2x4 on the tallest point of the RV, use the level to extend the 2x4 over the side of the RV so it reflects that highest point, then measure from there to the ground. I'd add a couple inches just to make sure there isn't an issue with the RV being on uneven ground, etc.

Rule #1 in dealing with almost any RV dealer or salesman: If his lips are moving, doublecheck and verify what you hear !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #14
rnkburg

My 300mp is 13'2" tall at a/c

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
JANKEII

Yea, makes since on the height. Will have to check though...