Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2018, 10:17 AM   #1
labman

Time to book for January-March

Ok, DW and I are newbies, I admit it. We spent the month of February in Tucson AZ at an RV park called Rincon West. Lots of activities and nice friendly people so we thought we should book for next year and stay two months. I called today and the gal that answered told me that they would take the full $1,800.00 + rent as a deposit now and once we check in there would not be a refund if we had to leave prematurely. Is it just me or does the fact that they want to take and hold your money for seven months and make interest on it seem a bit greedy? Maybe they have had people make two month reservations and then leave after one month because of their policy on not taking reservations for anything less than two months. Not sure but we will try to find another spot in AZ somewhere.....Any thoughts? Am I out of touch with the cost of things or what?
Old 06-11-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
66joej

It seems to be getting that way. We were going to stay at an RV park in Needles CA. Our stay was to be for 6 months. The girl in the office said they would need the full amount up front. And same deal no refund after the day you check in. Needless to say we are going back to Bullhead City. More reasonable and flexible only require a $200 deposit to hold our site.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
CaptnJohn

$1800 for 2 months-- that is less than 1 month in a good FL winter location.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
Frank G

The RV parks in the sunbelt make most of there money in JFM, and there policies reflect it. Where we stay the 3 months are about $3,000 and 12 months are about $3,400 + electric. Payable the 1st of September with no refunds. There are other stipulations including share ownership and lease agreements. Never looked at our daily, weekly or monthly rates. The No Vacancy sign was out all of JF and most of March.

Everywhere we looked had different arrangements. The one thing we noticed was the nicer the facilities the tighter the rules and harder to find openings.

Bottom Line it is the People and Friendships that keep us coming back to the same location.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
labman

Well, bit the bullet and we will be in Tucson mid Jan to mid March. Golf anyone? whoo hoo! I am already glad to be going again.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:45 PM   #6
labman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
$1800 for 2 months-- that is less than 1 month in a good FL winter location.
John maybe you should think about AZ!
Old 06-17-2018, 06:41 PM   #7
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
John maybe you should think about AZ!

Just about 1200 miles to far. Too many days to get there and return. Near the Fl beach is around $2300 and much higher in the Keys, but only 900 vs 2500 miles each way.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote