Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
Robert39

New Bullet

My wife and I purchased our first camper two weeks ago. We thought it would be a good family investment since we have two small children. We like to take trips but don't like to pay for hotels. We purchased our 2012 Bullet 230 BHS in Michigan and we live in Pennsylvania. The 700+ miles ride home was a good test of our tow vehicle which is a 2011 Dodge Durango 5.7 liter. It also was a good break-in period for me. The Durango handled the trailer very well. The only complaint I have is mirror options for the Durango in the after-market. I thought my sight was compromised. Dodge hails this vehicle as good for towing, but one size fits all mirrors don't cut it. My only surprise was the first trucker that blew by me at 85 mph. After that, I was constantly on watch for fast-moving vehicles. Fun times ahead!
Robert39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Fun times ahead indeed! I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy your new Bullet and hope you have many miles of safe, trouble-free camping. Welcome to the group and we hope to read about your future trips and experiences.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:08 AM   #3
justduit2

Robert,

We bought a camper for very much the same reason as you, avoiding the hotel. Plus there's the advantage of knowing there are no bedbugs in your camper. And then not having to lug all your stuff in and out. Just makes sense to me. Enjoy, I'm sure your children will love it!

Mark

2011 Laredo 275SBH
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD QC LB
justduit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:22 AM   #4
Ron

Hotels not for us either, we take our 5ver every where we go. Seems like the only time we go out of town is to hit the campgrounds. Sure nice to have your home away from home and yes not have to lug your luggage in and out of the hotels all the time My wife several years ago seen an program on tv about bed bugs, that ended the hotel staying for us, not that we stayed in alot anyway, I don't have a problem with that. Enjoy your new trailer as I'm sure you kids are having a ball. Lots of Happy Campin.................Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
dspriggs

We too had a Bullet, but have since traded for another unit. We loved it. The Bullets seem to tow very well. I also am looking for aftermarket tow mirrors that I like, but have not found the perfect solution.

PawPaw and KJMiMi
2010 Keystone Cougar 302 RLS
2001 Silverado 2500HD 8.1L Gas
Allison Transmission
Equal-i-zer Tow Hitch
dspriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert39 View Post
The only complaint I have is mirror options for the Durango in the after-market. I thought my sight was compromised. Dodge hails this vehicle as good for towing, but one size fits all mirrors don't cut it.
These may be a good choice for you. They are large enough to be useful and they stick out far enough to give you a clear view down both sides of your trailer.

The pretty much are the same as permanent mount towing mirrors.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote