Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
Jonny&Jackie

2019 models.

Does anyone know when they wil officially release the 2019 lineup? We are in the market for a new Fuzion 424 Toy Hauler. Before we pull the trigger I’d like to see how new ones are equipped. We like the Furion appliances but have only seen, what we would consider basic looking cooker/stove top. Small thing but important to us as we will be full timing for the foreseeable future.

Jonny&Jackie
Jonny&Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Typically, they "just show up at the dealer's lots"..... Unlike the "hoopla" surrounding new model introductions in the automobile industry from years past, the RV industry is just a low key, they show up and the dealers realize there's a different VIN number, so it must be the new model years.....

Typically the last month or so of the "old year production" is the training curve for the new year production and you'll find that most changes for the 19's are in the last few 18's that came off the line.

Usually the new year models start showing up at dealer lots in mid to late March and sometimes there are still old model trailers arriving with them, depending on what was ordered, what has been waiting for transportation and how fast the transport companies deliver what's waiting in the holding yards for delivery.....

You might want to contact the dealer and see if they have any 19's on order and if they have any information on delivery schedules..... If your dealer knows you're looking, he may "play stupid" to get you to move on a trailer he has on hand, so you might want to call around to other dealers and see if they have any information on incoming trailers they have on order......

This time of year is always "fluid" with the dealers. They want to move old units, get in new units so people will come look, and the factory is trying to keep the line moving and the holding yards empty... If only there was a "orchestra conductor" to keep it all in tune......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #3
Jonny&Jackie

Thank you for your insight. I’ll message the dealership. The salesman we are working with is aware we’re also interested in a ‘19.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:10 PM   #4
FlyingAroundRV

Here's what happened with us
We were looking at the '17 models in July last year and when we got home we were watching for the "new" '18 models to come out. We saw some '18 models advertised at dealers that looked exactly the same as the '17 models, but we also started seeing some '18 models with changes in colors and other new things. So we asked our dealer for a "late '18" model with the changes we saw. He has an "Outback rep" (whatever that means) watching to catch one of the last '18 models for us. We were told that the changes in the late 18 models are the same as the '19 models and only the VIN changes for the new year. For us, it means that we will have the features of the '19 model, but we'll get the trailer at the '18 price.
This could all go sideways if our dealer is shining us on, but our dealings with him so far don't suggest that we're being played.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:55 AM   #5
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
We were told that the changes in the late 18 models are the same as the '19 models and only the VIN changes for the new year.
That's right. Changes are minimal to zilch on the model year change-over. Production continues with the same options, layouts and materials from around March to mid/late summer. Just a VIN year designation change. Even the early fall shows showcase early model year units. The late winter RV shows (Jan/Feb) are when retailers bring out all the new designs and decor. My dealer validated this too.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:00 AM   #6
Jonny&Jackie

Ok thanks y’all for the info. I did reach out to my dealer who said he would take a look and see what was on order. I don’t have to have a ‘19 but there are things I do want so I may have to search the inventory to get the few items we really like.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #7
mark1228

I am a dealer and what will happen is about April 1(or maybe late March) Keystone will change the VIN number to be a 2019 but there will very little if any product changes(except a price increase). The manufactures all showcase the changes at the Fall Open House in September so the real changes start in August production. Honestly this drives dealers crazy. We have asked for years to have the model year change when the product changes, ideally Sept. 1 but the manufactures won't do it. Forest River has already shipped some 2019 units to me with no changes from 2018 models. If you want any real product changes you have to wait until Fall but honestly no one will really release any info on those changes until late summer and floor plans will also be cut and new ones will be introduced in late Sept. which makes it a gamble as they may quit making the model you want.
mark1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:35 PM   #8
Jonny&Jackie

Thanks Mark, so I’m guessing just go with it and get what’s on the lots as you could be chasing the unicorn.

J
Old 10-30-2018, 07:22 AM   #9
John Thomson

Head's Up: 2018 model vs. 2019

We were looking at the 2019 model in Hershey this year but waited to return home to purchase from a local dealer we've worked with in the past. We found a 2018 that seemed like basically the exact same thing was several thousand less. There's a pretty good article at RVReviews.net about model year tricks from manufacturers. I found it after we bought but it did raise some good points. Might be helpful to others: [URL="https://rvreviews.net/rv-model-years-year-2018-2019-2020-already/"]
John Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #10
cookinwitdiesel

I got my Hideout (built December 2017) for $19k "new" in September 2018. From what I can tell, nothing changed but it is $3-9k less than comps in the area. I am not sweating it. Only "issue" is a fair amount of cosmetic rust (nothing deep) on the undercarriage on propane line, frame, axles, and springs. Given it is about a year old and the obscene amount of salt used on roads in the east, I was not fretting this. Had them sand and paint it before I took it home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rust.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	19116  
(OLD) 2018 Keystone Hideout 28RKS Travel Trailer
cookinwitdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:30 AM   #11
Wxman

Last year we ordered our Elite in September and picked it up 1 Nov 17. It is an '18 model by VIN. Our dealer explained this at time of purchase claiming we would be getting an '18 model, but before the price increase for '18 that they thought would take place in Jan. It does have the lighter colored front cap as opposed to the dark cap on the '17s. I believe we have a '17 interior color scheme as opposed to the updated schemes later in '18, and in the '18 brochures. Who knows?? We were satisfied.
Best of luck
2017 Silverado Z71 5.3L 3.42 gears(sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 4x4 CCSB SLT (gas)
E4 16k/1.6k hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mod