Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
65GTO

Brand new Bullet 272BHS - Delamination ?

Hi All: Brand new Bullet 272BHS... picked up 2 weeks ago.

Giving the new baby 'my level of care' washdown, I see this separation at the top rear window. I scrutinized the trailer like you read about on my PDI, so I know it was not there then. No water anywhere I can see, close examination of roof looks perfectly sealed.

So.. should I be worried ? Will this separation just keep getting worse as the heat expands and contracts that void ? Back to dealer with it (7 hours away) or am I being too worried on this ?

Thanks !

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Delan_3.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	8548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Delan_1.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	8549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Delan_2.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	8550   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150418_114807.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	8551  
65GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
cathcartww

I don't know about worried, but you need to be concerned and find out what the problem is. Since the roof looks OK, I would check that clearance light right over the spot - it wouldn't the first one that leaked.

If you catch it early, it can be satisfactorily fixed.

2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX Fifth Wheel
2018 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gasser
cathcartww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
gearhead

I would send them an email with the pictures. Definitely "cc" the service manager. Get his email address if you don't have it. I would take it to them after sending the email. Keep all emails...print and file. May even look into an extended warranty from someone...if they cover delamination.
You got a 65 goat?
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #4
65GTO

Hi.. thanks for the posts so far.

I did email earlier today the sales person, whom is also one of the owners of the dealer. Bought it from Pete's RV in VT. Did not cc the service manager. Will rey to find his email address.

Ohhh you know I will keep all emails, etc, to form a paper trail based on what I have read about warranty horror stories with Keystone (of which many times had me questioning why I would ever, ever consider buying a Keystone product when I started considering this new trailer).

I did opt for the Extended Warranty when I picked up the unit 2 weeks ago. Have 30 days to decide to keep or get a refund on that Ex Warranty.

Yes... do own a 'goat'. Here is a link to my 'Welcome New Members' post... See the 2nd page about the GTO

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21910

Thanks again. Jim
Old 05-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

If it were me, I'd take it into the dealership when you have an opportunity and have them check it out. I realize that they are not close but it should be looked at. The rear wall of many RV's is constructed differently than the sides. It isn't the typical, rigid sandwich" that you would find on the side walls. It is usually flexible and much "thinner" than the sides and less prone to delamination.

Folks often get concerned when they push in the rear wall only to find that it gives or flexes and you may see large "bulges" but those are fairly normal and not cause for worry.
The small bulge shown in the photo looks more like a blister or bubble so I wouldn't leave it or wait to see "what happens".

If you can't get into the dealer soon, I'd send him documentation including photos, timelines, etc. A copy to Keystone wouldn't hurt but they will probably refer you to the dealer anyway. Keep records of all communication you have with the dealer and Keystone.

Good luck with this and keep us posted how things progress.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:46 AM   #6
65GTO

Thanks Festus2 for the feedback.

I am coming from a StarCraft Hybrid (a real nice 215SSO that I loved... not a problem with it since day 1.. it was a 2005 with a slide out). So am familiar that the rears do not quite feel like the the sandwich of the sides. So that is why I was questing if this is just some normal warppage not uncommon on thin walls and I should not be worried. When I press on it, it does oil can in and out.

I will take up your suggestion to email also Keystone. Do they have a known (published) customer support email. Do I just go to their website and look for some type of generic 'contact us' link that covers any incoming contacts ?

Thanks !
Old 05-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #7
cw3jason

Yes. I would agree. Water is getting in thru the marker light and voiding/delaminating your panel. You need to remove the light and reseal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:36 PM   #8
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GTO View Post
Thanks Festus2 for the feedback.

I will take up your suggestion to email also Keystone. Do they have a known (published) customer support email. Do I just go to their website and look for some type of generic 'contact us' link that covers any incoming contacts ?

Thanks !
Keystone's website is www.keystonerv.com. At the top of their home page, look for the "Customer Service" link.

On the left hand side a toll free telephone number can be found as well.