Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2018, 07:08 AM   #1
Ken48

Angry Awning lights don’t work

Just got a new 2018 Cougar HT 32dbh and having problems with getting the awning rope light to turn on....doesn’t seem to have a switch for the lights. ??? So I assume they are burnt out on the first trip trying out the awning... traveled from Maine to KY to pick up the unit... disappointed that the dealer said it had a 20 foot awning and it is only 12 feet long if that...door to the bunk room didn’t fit right and I had to install shims to get the latch to work... not all that happy with how it is put together
Ken48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:04 AM   #2
Canonman

Did they ever work? I'm going to guess they were missed during the PDI since you can't find the switch. We found our switch in the control center marked "Pendant". Didn't make sense but but that's what it was labeled.
You also might check your remote (if equipped). You might be able to operate the awning light that way, but I agree there should be a switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL1542.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	18916  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken48 View Post
Just got a new 2018 Cougar HT 32dbh and having problems with getting the awning rope light to turn on....doesn’t seem to have a switch for the lights. ??? So I assume they are burnt out on the first trip trying out the awning... traveled from Maine to KY to pick up the unit... disappointed that the dealer said it had a 20 foot awning and it is only 12 feet long if that...door to the bunk room didn’t fit right and I had to install shims to get the latch to work... not all that happy with how it is put together
Just curious why you bought the unit in KY? You passed a bunch of Keystone dealers along the way.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, light, lights