Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #21
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUnderwood View Post
How do you operate it thru the screen door?
I have seen one that goes on the screen on the inside that is held on by magnets
You know, that is a REALLY GOOD question.

It would be kinda silly to have to open your door and go outside to open or close it. Now it doesn't sound like such a great idea.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #22
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
You know, that is a REALLY GOOD question.

It would be kinda silly to have to open your door and go outside to open or close it. Now it doesn't sound like such a great idea.
They said it was still in Engineering, give them some time, I am sure after a while they will find out there is a screen door there. I hope
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:02 PM   #23
SUnderwood

maybe this would work better

http://rossrvinnovations.info/window-shade/
SUnderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:56 PM   #24
xrated

I recieved the Lippert integrated shade yesterday and installed it this afternoon. A work of warning for anyone installing it, once you remove all the screws that are in the inside frame piece, make sure you have someone outside the door to make sure that the outside frame/window doesn't come out and fall.....Don't ask me how I know this! At any rate, nothing damaged, fortunately and I regrouped and got some assistance from the D.W. Another pointer for the install, once you place the shade into the inner frame, use some Duct Tape to hold it in place so that it doesn't want to fall out as you are putting the inner frame in place and starting the screws back in. Once I did that (after a couple of attempts and the shade coming out of it's place), all went well and it looks very nice and will be a welcome addition on the T.H.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:41 PM   #25
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
I recieved the Lippert integrated shade yesterday and installed it this afternoon. A work of warning for anyone installing it, once you remove all the screws that are in the inside frame piece, make sure you have someone outside the door to make sure that the outside frame/window doesn't come out and fall.....Don't ask me how I know this! At any rate, nothing damaged, fortunately and I regrouped and got some assistance from the D.W. Another pointer for the install, once you place the shade into the inner frame, use some Duct Tape to hold it in place so that it doesn't want to fall out as you are putting the inner frame in place and starting the screws back in. Once I did that (after a couple of attempts and the shade coming out of it's place), all went well and it looks very nice and will be a welcome addition on the T.H.
X-rated did you get any pictures? I have mine on order and had to order the new inner and outer frame.

Thanks for the install tips!
$$PRICELESS$$

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:07 PM   #26
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
X-rated did you get any pictures? I have mine on order and had to order the new inner and outer frame.

$$PRICELESS$$

No, sorry! I've been working on the T.H. all day today and was pretty tired and the shade thing was the last thing on my list today.

I did break down and buy a set of the Trojan T105 batteries this morning. Then I had to visit a welding supply and get some welding cable for the jumper, then somewhere else for some crimp on lugs for 2/0 wire. The big job was installing a three volt power supply for my LevelMate Pro. This will eliminate the need for the battery that is contained within, and I also put a switch on the power supply to be able to turn it off and not contribute to draining the house batteries. Next job is to add a 120VAC, 20A receptacle on the outside of the T.H. towards the back and on the curb side. I need a place to plug in my tire warmers for trackdays without running an extension cord out one of the doors or windows.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:12 PM   #27
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Vern, you were one busy dude! Enjoy your efforts! This cold ones for you. Cheers!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 04-28-2017, 10:22 PM   #28
xrated

Thanks Chip, and yea....my old body is feeling it for sure. BTW....holler at me if you have any questions about the shade.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:57 AM   #29
canesfan

So we've been curious, how do you operate the shade through the screen door?
Old 04-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #30
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
So we've been curious, how do you operate the shade through the screen door?
There are actually Two answers to your question......
1st Answer, if you are serious about your question.....you cannot operate the shade with the door(s) closed.
2nd Answer, if you are joking.....I took a home course on levitation several years ago and I can just levitate it up and down.

Now that I think about it, there is actually a third answer.......I get Peggy to do it!

Old 04-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #31
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post

$$PRICELESS$$

Hey Chip, it just occured to me that if you are going to have to replace both the inner and outer frames in order to do the install of the shade, you will need one additional item.....unless they include it with the frame kit. The window glass sits in the outer frame and a ring of sealant around it that holds it in place. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but it is almost like a thin line of some sort of tape about 5/16" to 3/8" wide. It kind of reminds me of rubber cement, the way it comes off....but it's definitely not rubber cement. You may want to call Lippert when you get your frames and shade, if the weather strip is not included in the frame/shade box. I didn't have to replace the frames, so no need to transfer the glass from one frame to the other.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:07 PM   #32
Pull Toy

Now would be a good time for some "enterprising soul" to invent a remote control for it! LOL

Not to be a Smart A**, but if you have to open the door to make it work anyhow, why not take a piece of colored posterboard, and cut it to fit. You could store it under the mattress when not in use. Less work, Lots cheaper...

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:22 PM   #33
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Hey Chip, it just occured to me that if you are going to have to replace both the inner and outer frames in order to do the install of the shade, you will need one additional item.....unless they include it with the frame kit. The window glass sits in the outer frame and a ring of sealant around it that holds it in place. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but it is almost like a thin line of some sort of tape about 5/16" to 3/8" wide. It kind of reminds me of rubber cement, the way it comes off....but it's definitely not rubber cement. You may want to call Lippert when you get your frames and shade, if the weather strip is not included in the frame/shade box. I didn't have to replace the frames, so no need to transfer the glass from one frame to the other.
I'll have to keep an eye out and will call them when I get it in.

For everyone asking about if you have to open the door, it's ok. I'll be camping so I'm good with roughing it and opening the door.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 04-29-2017, 02:58 PM   #34
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Toy View Post
Now would be a good time for some "enterprising soul" to invent a remote control for it! LOL

Not to be a Smart A**, but if you have to open the door to make it work anyhow, why not take a piece of colored posterboard, and cut it to fit. You could store it under the mattress when not in use. Less work, Lots cheaper...
You'd still have to open the door to put the posterboard in there, so you're in the same boat either way, except all the cool kids don't use posterboard when an integrated shade will do!

Old 04-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #35
xrated

ctbruce wrote:
Quote:
For everyone asking about if you have to open the door, it's ok. I'll be camping so I'm good with roughing it and opening the door.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:18 PM   #36
Tbos

I use some black cloth and Velcro it to the screen door frame. I can remove it and install it without opening the doors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:30 PM   #37
66joej

We use these. Camco 45167 SunShield Reflective Door Window Cover
Inexpensive and easy on/off.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:55 AM   #38
canesfan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
I use some black cloth and Velcro it to the screen door frame. I can remove it and install it without opening the doors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keeps the bugs out, too.

Seriously, I haven't looked at my window to see what kind it is. It's a nifty idea but I don't know I'd spend all that for a shade. If it came with the trailer maybe. But, I've never worried about the window with no shade. When I'm camping I'm outside. When I go in I go to bed. Nothing exciting to see here.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #39
Steve S

When are we going to see some pics!
Old 05-01-2017, 02:02 PM   #40
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
When are we going to see some pics!
You want PICS???? OMG, do you realize how much work that is going to be.....I've got to open the door and separate it from the screen door!

Here ya go.....

Open completely...

Mid way open....

Completely closed..........WHEW.....I'm worn out!