Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #1
tlr6334

2015 Cougar 33RES polar package

How cold can we camp without the water pipes freezing? I am using water from the fresh water tank. last week the pipes froze at 20 degrees with furnace running. Seems Polar pack is not doing the job.
tlr6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:26 AM   #2
JimQ

Camping in the cold weather can certainly be a challenge. Chances are, there is just a small duct providing limited heat to your underbelly. Without a barrier around the outside perimeter of your unit to block the wind, its doubtful you'll be able to prevent the water from freezing. I'm sure others will chime in with possible tips for you to consider. For me, cold weather camping isn't a very pleasant experience.
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:54 AM   #3
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimQ View Post
Camping in the cold weather can certainly be a challenge. Chances are, there is just a small duct providing limited heat to your underbelly. Without a barrier around the outside perimeter of your unit to block the wind, its doubtful you'll be able to prevent the water from freezing. I'm sure others will chime in with possible tips for you to consider. For me, cold weather camping isn't a very pleasant experience.
Lol, I'm with you on that JimQ!! Maybe in my younger days, now I'm over it as I want to be warm all the time!!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:00 AM   #4
Freeheel4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr6334 View Post
How cold can we camp without the water pipes freezing? I am using water from the fresh water tank. last week the pipes froze at 20 degrees with furnace running. Seems Polar pack is not doing the job.
I have a good friend that bought a 2016 Springdale and last summer he had to pull the bottom off it and do a lot to truly make it a 4 season camper. Found that a lot of the water lines were run way too long and were nowhere near the heat ducting to keep lines from freezing. Along with many other like no shutoff for his outdoor kitchen and lines went outside then back in to his shower.
Now there is a bypass so it does not go outside. He had it up skiing Christmas thru new years and said no more freezing this year.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:01 AM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

If you do a search on the forum you'll find lots of input on polar packages not working well or being disappointing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar