Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 09-10-2019, 09:00 PM   #1
Brantlyj

Hideout 29DFS

Considering the linked trailer. This would be our first trailer so looking for any thoughts on it.

https://www.imperialrvcenter.com/def...avel%20trailer

A new floor plan this year and not seeing much about it. We like the floor plan overall. Not sure how much use that outside fireplace would get.
I love the hidden pantry but worried about how well it will hold up on that one long hinge. Lots of research shows that these trailers are pretty cheaply made with the finest of particle boards so concerned about all that weight on a single pivot point. I’m sure I can fabricate some sort of support though....
I’m also reading about how horrible the floors are in Keystones. Also looking at a comparable Coachman which uses t&g plywood. Not sure how much concern I should have over the two different materials.

The other question is what would be a fair price to negotiate? I was hopping for $20,000 plus a wd hitch and maybe include winterization since I would probably only get to do one or two shakedown trips before I would have to get it buttoned up for winter.

Because someone will ask my TV is a 2016 F250 6.2l gas

Thanks!

Brantlyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:35 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I would shoot for it for the 28RKS. I looked at 18,9xx in NJ and DE, the 23,xxx in your ad from IA and the Keystone site says their recommended msrp is 31,809.

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:00 AM   #3
Brantlyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I would shoot for it for the 28RKS. I looked at 18,9xx in NJ and DE, the 23,xxx in your ad from IA and the Keystone site says their recommended msrp is 31,809.

Iím not sure I understand what your saying about the 28RKS. It wouldnít meet our needs as we have three girls under 10. Need the bunks.

We do like the 28 BHS as well. A friend just bought one. Same floor plan other than the bunks and bath flipped. Same price. Seems like a lot harder decision than buying a car.

How are you searching those prices? Might help with negotiations but if I was them Iíd probably tell myself to hop in my truck and drive to NJ. Lol
Old 09-11-2019, 10:02 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

My bad. Guess I couldn't read/remember the title of your post. Just looked at the 1st RV for sale in the link you sent.

Looking at the pricing I can find including looking at NADA (they only show a 20, not a 19) the lowest price I found is like 22,99x. NADA pretty much reflects Keystones MSRP at 36,xxx. 20k with some "throw ins" might be a stretch.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
travelin texans

That's where the thrill of the haggle comes in.
There's so many dealers posting their "NO haggle price" these days, if they want to sell me their RV or vehicle they will haggle or I'm going elsewhere. My son is the best haggler I ever seen he gets those sales people so mad they usually give in or ask him to leave, sometimes almost embarrassing, but funny as hell.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #6
Brantlyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
My bad. Guess I couldn't read/remember the title of your post. Just looked at the 1st RV for sale in the link you sent.

Looking at the pricing I can find including looking at NADA (they only show a 20, not a 19) the lowest price I found is like 22,99x. NADA pretty much reflects Keystones MSRP at 36,xxx. 20k with some "throw ins" might be a stretch.
No worries.
Our friend bought the 28bhs in May. They had the same asking price and got it for 20k plus the hitch so I would be expecting at least the same. Especially last years model going into fall.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:41 PM   #7
Brantlyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
There's so many dealers posting their "NO haggle price" these days, if they want to sell me their RV or vehicle they will haggle or I'm going elsewhere. My son is the best haggler I ever seen he gets those sales people so mad they usually give in or ask him to leave, sometimes almost embarrassing, but funny as hell.
Iím pretty good haggling for cars. Since Iíve never bought an rv Iím in uncharted territory here. As a small business owner I have no problem with the dealer making a fair profit, but that doesnít mean I want to over pay either.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #8
Brantlyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Funny story about getting kicked out. My fIL was in New York. I guess there is an area lined with small shops. Your expected to haggle for everything... Anyways he was haggling over a camera. Him and the guy were going back and forth forever. I think they were having more fun dickering than actually buying or selling. Finally the guy realized he went lower than his cost. The look in his face and the. The outburst to get the hell out was priceless. Itís his favorite story.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Brantly, just for a thought, I go into an RV situation expecting a 1/3 reduction from the manufacturer msrp. To me that is a starting point...sometimes ending point. If I pull a 33% reduction and get the "freebies" you mention (hitch has to be in that) I'm in the ballpark, especially if I like the unit.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #10
BamaRam

I have a 2018 Hideout 31RBDS.

It has been mostly reliable. But I have corrected a lot of shoddy workmanship.

I have a thread with the warranty claims. Most of my gripes were corrected at no cost but it was a hassle.

When you do your PDI remove access panels and look for screws through wire bundles.

Tags
hideout