Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #21
Desert185

For those who may not know where to dump and don't use the trailer facilities, as a result, www.sanidumps.com is a site that will give you locations. They also have an app of the same name.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #22
Rumtan

The first time the DW and I were on a trip with a new-to-us TT she asked me to pull into the nearest town so she could use the restroom. I said I can do one better than that and pulled over and let her in the TT.......she has been hooked ever since.
Rumtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #23
ftrupe

I only camp in places that have full hookups. We use the shower and toilet. However, the black tank only has the dainty DW poo; my manly stuff goes to the onsite facility!
ftrupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:05 PM   #24
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftrupe View Post
I only camp in places that have full hookups. We use the shower and toilet. However, the black tank only has the dainty DW poo; my manly stuff goes to the onsite facility!
Good to know that.....Thanks!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:19 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

I'll draw a comparison and leave the conclusions to "whomever"...

We built our house here in 2009 after tearing down the old cabin. Since then, we've never used the bathrooms. We shower at the neighbors, and so we don't overextend our welcome, we go to the gas station about a mile away to use the toilet. So far, we've used the bathroom sinks for morning cleanup, but use the hose outside (when the weather is nice) before bedroom. Our bathrooms look "like new" even after 8 years of living in our "new house"....

Now, as for the trailer, we never EVER cook in it, we don't use the bathroom, we always turn the refrigerator on low (so it won't wear out too soon) and we've always used an electric heater for warmth and just use a small fan to stay cool (no need to wear out the A/C or the furnace, eh?). We pack water in blue 5 gallon cans and wash the dishes outside and have never turned on the water heater. Our fresh water tank and all the holding tanks still smell like new, the valves may be dried out, but they still look like they did the day we dragged the trailer home. And, all the appliances will still be "in new condition" when we sell this trailer and when we die, the kids will be able to sell the house as a "new model".... Sure saves on wear and tear, eh???? Oh, and I hear that if you turn the TV on and off, sooner or later it'll stop working, so we never watch TV in the trailer either, no need to have to replace it should it stop working, eh? As for the radio, well there's a perfectly good one in the truck, so we gather around it to listen to the news every evening, saves on the batteries in the trailer by not using them except for lights, but we try to use a Coleman lantern as much as we can, and that helps on heating the trailer so we save our little electric heater that way too...... We never unroll the awning (except after each rain) and it only gets extended to dry. It looks just like it did the day the trailer was delivered. You know, when we sell it, someone is going to get an excellent bargain on an "almost new" trailer that's in perfect condition !!!

OK, draw your own conclusions on the above.... And, no, it's not even close to how we really live and how we use our trailer. We (both the DW and I) just can't imagine "doing without" when it's sitting right there, waiting patiently for us to use it.... After all, that's why we bought it, eh???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:58 PM   #26
rhagfo

We are now full time host, we use the bathroom in our 5er the same as the old S&B. When we were just campers, even in parks with water and power only we still used our facility's. We did know water management and could easily go a week on tanks.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:07 AM   #27
SAABDOCTOR

I BOUGHT ME AND PUT IT IN THE GARAGE. SO IN 30 YEARS IT WILL BE A LOW MILAGE BARN FIND WITH ORIGINAL PAINT AND MATCHING VIN
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #28
Barbell

We tend to keep our vehicles for a long time. Previous tow vehicle was 15 years old when we traded; newest 4 wheeler is a 2004. Same with the Montana. We are in it about half of the time and we use it like we use the immobile house. When we are thru with the Montana, we will probably be dead and so who cares what it is worth then?
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:33 AM   #29
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbell View Post
We tend to keep our vehicles for a long time. Previous tow vehicle was 15 years old when we traded; newest 4 wheeler is a 2004. Same with the Montana. We are in it about half of the time and we use it like we use the immobile house. When we are thru with the Montana, we will probably be dead and so who cares what it is worth then?
Yeah. My son can tow it to the dump...or sell it to a hippie for a Burning Man, playa dwelling. We don't abuse it, we use it.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:35 AM   #30
Canonman

There's something about taking that morning "constipational" outside. I generally use that morning walk with the dog and first cup of coffee to get things moving in the right direction. The anonymity of using the camp facility (when available and kept decent) leaves others to ponder if it "smelled like that when he ate it" and keeps harmony in the house. DW is an all-the-timer and I guess I'd be a some-timer.
Damned popcorn stuck in my teeth. Gotta go find the dog for another walk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2764.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	13306  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #31
CrazyCain

Just dawned on me that i knew a guy that had a 5'er, never used ANYTHING in the 5'er at all, well except the bed. Camp stove cooking outside dish washing outside, shoes off before you stepped onto the step to go up into the rig, Microwave probably still had the srickers on it, cooler for the food and drink, you get it Had a fishing boat too, caught a fish did ya? Here, grab this towel before you land him so he doesn't drip fishy water on the floor of the boat!!!! true dat!! Semi fullof popcorn just pulled up, hang on!

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #32
nellie1289

this post has me laughing. I too like to use my rig, but I will be a dissenter on the shoes. I will say taking your shoes off is a good idea in my opinion. Its ten times easier to clean and I don't want all that filth from the outside inside. If there is one way to "use your trailer" and still preserve its newness its shoes off in my humble opinion.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:24 PM   #33
66joej

We use everything available that came with our TT. Too much money to not enjoy. It's already worth less than half of purchase price. JMO

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #34
FTWingRiders

We prefer shoes off at the door, but not fanatical, less sand and dirt to clean up. I love having my own shower and toilet, however, unless an emergency, please use the CG for number 2.. number 1 all you want. I clean the hose, my rules.. lol
FTWingRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:22 PM   #35
the sodfather

Hell, I'm using it right now while reading this forum. After reading all the overweight banter, I felt the urge...
Old 07-11-2017, 04:23 AM   #36
{tpc}

I don't have an issue using the toilet or the shower, but at least for the toilet I will on occasion, walk to the restrooms if available.

I used to use the campground showers up until mid last year, when I slipped in one and literally broke my face. Guess i'm a little gunshy now. I miss my long hot showers, but it beats the heck out of the other.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:45 AM   #37
Movin' on

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sodfather View Post
Hell, I'm using it right now while reading this forum. After reading all the overweight banter, I felt the urge...
Are you eating popcorn in there too?

2016 305RL Montana High Country
2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 Duramax

Life's a Journey, Slow Down and Enjoy the Trip!
Movin' on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:12 AM   #38
the sodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movin' on View Post
Are you eating popcorn in there too?
Nah. Dusted off the popcorn while sitting by the fire.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #39
Mandolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
I don't have an issue using the toilet or the shower, but at least for the toilet I will on occasion, walk to the restrooms if available.

I used to use the campground showers up until mid last year, when I slipped in one and literally broke my face. Guess i'm a little gunshy now. I miss my long hot showers, but it beats the heck out of the other.
I wear flip flops with grippy soles in the shower - most of the local state park showers are tile (floor, walls, ceiling) and they can get a little slippery. I suppose if I walked in to a nasty shower area, I might change my mind about using campground showers. Using the campground's facilities is just not a big deal, so far. In the tents or the tent trailer there was no other choice, and I still regard the trailer bathroom as "backup."

I also suspect that there might be a square footage/size difference in this discussion in trailer bathrooms.

My small trailer has a correspondingly tiny bathroom - one I am grateful for in the middle of the night or in really bad weather, but not exactly roomy. Barely enough space to turn around. And given the choice of a good-sized kitchen and large u-shaped dinette versus a large bathroom, I'd pick the larger interior space over a large bathroom.
Mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #40
instymp

What I want to know, or maybe not, is how a buyer can tell if someone ever pooped in the camper.........or not.
instymp is offline   Reply With Quote