Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #21
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Ford has a set that many here like. You can do a search for Ford valve stems for more info.

As for the tire pressure lots of opinions about this. A search for tire pressure on here will give you lots of reading. My opinion is to run at the listed cold max.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #22
captcolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanhix View Post
Okay, So I just purchased 5 and went to have Americas Tires install and realized that they don't have valve stems rated for 110 psi. I went around to all the tire shops, Napa, etc in my area and no one carries them.

Where can I find or order the correct high pressure valve stems?

Also, since these tires are in excess of the load capacity that I need, can I run at slightly lower pressure? Maybe 100 psi? Or is this not recommended? I certainly don't want to damage a new set of tires.

Btw these are some seriously beefy tires. I couldn't believe how heavy and solid these feel.
PM me your address. I have 5 of the ones from the link below. I bought them when I bought my Saliun's and new wheels. Didn't realize the new wheels came with valve stems.

http://www.trailer-wheels.com/574L-B...ch_p_1547.html

Let me know and I'll just give them to you.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #23
CWtheMan

Quote:
Okay, So I just purchased 5 and went to have Americas Tires install and realized that they don't have valve stems rated for 110 psi. I went around to all the tire shops, Napa, etc in my area and no one carries them.

Where can I find or order the correct high pressure valve stems?

Also, since these tires are in excess of the load capacity that I need, can I run at slightly lower pressure? Maybe 100 psi? Or is this not recommended? I certainly don't want to damage a new set of tires.

Btw these are some seriously beefy tires. I couldn't believe how heavy and solid these feel.
Tire industry standard for plus sized tires is to ensure they provide a load capacity equal to or greater than the OE tires listed on your tire placard provided. That is done with inflation pressures found on a tire inflation chart for the new tires.

However, ST tires are designed to be inflated to the recommended inflation pressure found on the tire's sidewall.

IMO increased load capacity reserves with the replacement tires is the target. Why waste the reserves?
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #24
MattE303

Evan, please keep us up to date here on your experiences getting the Sailuns mounted and how they feel on the road. I have a 17 Carbon 337 and am very nervous about the stock Trailer Kings. I want a better quality, higher load capacity tire ASAP and am strongly considering the Sailuns in the OEM size, same as you bought. Good to know about having to upgrade the valve stems, I hadn't thought that would be an issue since the OEM wheels themselves are already rated for 110 psi.

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
MattE303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #25
evanhix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattE303 View Post
Evan, please keep us up to date here on your experiences getting the Sailuns mounted and how they feel on the road. I have a 17 Carbon 337 and am very nervous about the stock Trailer Kings. I want a better quality, higher load capacity tire ASAP and am strongly considering the Sailuns in the OEM size, same as you bought. Good to know about having to upgrade the valve stems, I hadn't thought that would be an issue since the OEM wheels themselves are already rated for 110 psi.
I can update soon. Having tires mounted on Tuesday and then taking a 2000 mile trip to Utah and Colorado. This should be a good test run. It looks like the wheels have the high pressure valve stems from the factory but I thought I should go ahead and replace even though they are fairly new. Good luck with your Carbon. We sure enjoy ours.
evanhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #26
BlueLghtning

I ordered 6 Sailun S637 tires yesterday from tire-easy.com as they seemed to have the best prices I could find. I was tempted to upsize to 235/85-16, but decided to stick with stock size of 235/80-16 so I didn't have to buy a spare also since I have a good Maxxis M8008 as the spare.

24hrs later I get a call that they have cancelled my tires telling me they couldn't get those size 235/80-16 tires? I asked when they would be in stock again and they said they weren't sure. So I asked about the larger size, which they had, but much to my surprise the price had jumped way up? I decided to do some digging and sure enough the prices of the 85 series had jumped over $20/tire over night.

After doing some more research, I found out that apparently easy-tire just buys old stock of tires and has some pretty bad reviews. I saw other reviews where their orders were cancelled when prices went up. I wonder if they'll show back up in stock at a higher price.

I ended up going back to what should have been my first choice of simpletire.com and ordering the 80 series from them. They charged for shipping, but had a 10% coupon that put the price within $25 of the original price of my other order. I was happy with that. We'll see if this order goes through.
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #27
evanhix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
I ordered 6 Sailun S637 tires yesterday from tire-easy.com as they seemed to have the best prices I could find. I was tempted to upsize to 235/85-16, but decided to stick with stock size of 235/80-16 so I didn't have to buy a spare also since I have a good Maxxis M8008 as the spare.

24hrs later I get a call that they have cancelled my tires telling me they couldn't get those size 235/80-16 tires? I asked when they would be in stock again and they said they weren't sure. So I asked about the larger size, which they had, but much to my surprise the price had jumped way up? I decided to do some digging and sure enough the prices of the 85 series had jumped over $20/tire over night.

After doing some more research, I found out that apparently easy-tire just buys old stock of tires and has some pretty bad reviews. I saw other reviews where their orders were cancelled when prices went up. I wonder if they'll show back up in stock at a higher price.

I ended up going back to what should have been my first choice of simpletire.com and ordering the 80 series from them. They charged for shipping, but had a 10% coupon that put the price within $25 of the original price of my other order. I was happy with that. We'll see if this order goes through.
Before I pulled the trigger with Simpltire I noticed their price jump from $129 to $140 each. I called and talked to them and ended up getting 5 235/80s delivered for $726 total. Not sure if it was a great deal but it was the best I found.
evanhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:24 PM   #28
BlueLghtning

Quote:
Before I pulled the trigger with Simpltire I noticed their price jump from $129 to $140 each. I called and talked to them and ended up getting 5 235/80s delivered for $726 total. Not sure if it was a great deal but it was the best I found.
Well, the prices must keep going up on these.

Yesterday, Tire-Easy was 149.99 for the 235/85-16 and $155.30 for the 235/80-16. It seemed strange the smaller tires were more expensive. Today their prices jumped to $160.26 for the 235/85 tires.

Simple Tire was 141.99 for the 235/85 and 141.92 for the 235/80. However they charge FET and shipping on the tires. In the end with the 10% coupon, my total for 6 tires came to $944.16 or $157.36/tire. I can live with that.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:46 PM   #29
BlueLghtning

Quote:

So I just happend to check tire-easy.com again and sure enough the Sailun S637T 235/80-16 tires are showing in stock again and amazing enough the price went down to 149.76/tire and are on their ebay store again. Of course it's after hours and they won't open till Monday to talk to them about what happened here. How would you call me and tell me you are out of stock and then only a few hours later suddenly have stock again on your website and on your ebay store.

I'd certainly proceed with caution on this company if you decide to do business with them. It definitely irks me that a company pulls this kind of crap.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #30
notanlines

Big guy, this is the reason most of us come to the site to read all the posts. It is simply good information.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:22 AM   #31
xrated

It sounds like tire prices are like gas prices.....when demand goes up....Prices go up. It's the middle of summertime, RVs/trailers/Motorcoaches are everywhere on the roads and probably hundreds of blow outs are happening every day, nationwide. Demand is probably high right now because of this. Demand high = High $$$ Demand low = Better prices. Moral of the story...buy your tires in Jan/Feb/March!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #32
servmack

Smile Saline tires

For those concerned, about Saline tires. All the 2017 5th wheels are coming with 235/80R/16 G rated. I have been running e eyes saline for ever. And have never had problems.
servmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #33
MattE303

Quote:
So I just happend to check tire-easy.com again and sure enough the Sailun S637T 235/80-16 tires are showing in stock again and amazing enough the price went down to 149.76/tire and are on their ebay store again. Of course it's after hours and they won't open till Monday to talk to them about what happened here. How would you call me and tell me you are out of stock and then only a few hours later suddenly have stock again on your website and on your ebay store.

I'd certainly proceed with caution on this company if you decide to do business with them. It definitely irks me that a company pulls this kind of crap.
Did you ever pull the trigger and order from these guys?

I called the local tire store that's listed as a Sailun dealer and they told me they couldn't get them, but would mount them if could get a set elsewhere. I did some searching and ended up ordering from a place I found on eBay called trailertiresandwheels.com. They have a very high eBay rating so I decided to take chance, price was $165 per tire total, free shipping via UPS and no tax or other fees added on. We'll see how it goes...

2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
Old 07-11-2017, 03:51 PM   #34
BlueLghtning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattE303 View Post
Did you ever pull the trigger and order from these guys?

I called the local tire store that's listed as a Sailun dealer and they told me they couldn't get them, but would mount them if could get a set elsewhere. I did some searching and ended up ordering from a place I found on eBay called trailertiresandwheels.com. They have a very high eBay rating so I decided to take chance, price was $165 per tire total, free shipping via UPS and no tax or other fees added on. We'll see how it goes...
Nope, I ended up ordering from Simpletire.com and they should be here tomorrow, so 2 day shipping from them. I got an e-mail back from tire-easy that claimed they got a couple more in stock, but didn't have enough to fulfill my order, however that wasn't what they told me on the phone. After reading reviews, I would say they are best to stay away from tire-easy.

I checked out trailertiresandwheels.com too, but SimpleTire came in a little better for me with the coupon they had on their page.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #35
pawpaw

Guess I'm lucky that our Fuzion came with the Sailun tires. After 2-1/2 yrs I would not replace them with anything else...well satisfied with them.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #36
BlueLghtning

Quote:
Nope, I ended up ordering from Simpletire.com and they should be here tomorrow, so 2 day shipping from them. I got an e-mail back from tire-easy that claimed they got a couple more in stock, but didn't have enough to fulfill my order, however that wasn't what they told me on the phone. After reading reviews, I would say they are best to stay away from tire-easy.

I checked out trailertiresandwheels.com too, but SimpleTire came in a little better for me with the coupon they had on their page.
The Sailun S637's came in as scheduled 2 days later and man are they heavy tires! I think they weigh around 62# each and you can just tell how nice they are compared to E rated tires! The other nice thing to see is all the tires were fresh stock. I get them put on Tuesday.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:54 PM   #37
Astroinfidel

I have the Sailuns on my Everest. I just drove the Dempster Highway in the Yukon with no issue at all. Sadly, the factory supplied Firestone Transforce HTs on my new 2017 Ram didn't fare as well. A sharp rock punctured a sidewall and deflated a rear one about 100 km in. We drove on to Ft Mcpherson and back with no spare for the truck, which I would rather not repeat. No cell service or internet up there. I have about 8000 miles on the Sailuns now and love them.

Dean
Astroinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:10 AM   #38
gary31

carbopn group

Hello I just created a group for Carbon Owners. Please join and share your experiences.

Enjoying the Grandkids like No Tomorrow!
-----------------------------------------------
2015 Carbon 31
2013 F250 CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel
2005 Honda Rancher & 2017 RZR 900S
gary31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:56 AM   #39
MattE303

Quote:

I went ahead and ordered mine from trailertiresandwheels.com. No complaints about them, the tires were shipped promptly and definitely fresh stock (DOT "1917"), unfortunately UPS decided to send one of my tires to LA instead of putting it on the delivery truck with the other 3

2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
Old 08-21-2017, 10:27 AM   #40
TNT Miller

Wheel PSI rating

How can I find out if My Wheels are rated for 110 PSI
2013 Laredo 266RL 16 " wheels
TNT Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires