Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2017, 05:24 PM   #1
Kensley193

Passport 3320bh black tank leaking

So I have had my new trailer 2 months.. first trip I had no issues draining my gray and black tanks. I double and triple checked the valves to make sure they were fully closed before this trip. Camped at a state park and went to dump the tanks and when removing the camp immediately got black water coming out, with the valve still closed. Obviously a very unpleasant and embarrassing experience. We moved camp and am using the holding tanks again and I'm terrified to remove the cap again. Possible bad seal???

I drained the gray tanks after the black. And still seemed to get black water coming through even though it had quit draining before switching to gray... then checked and panel still showed 1/3 full???!

Also second concern. Don't most toilets hold alittle water in them once you flush and close it?? Ours doesn't and for whatever reason we constantly seem to have a Sewer smell in the bathroom.

Help!! I'm a first time camper owner. Lol
Thanks in advance
Kensley193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
bill-e

I can't help you with the leak but my toilet when new wouldn't hold water. I have a Dometic porcelain toilet and the flapper seal wasn't seated correct. I had to hold the flush valve open and reseat the seal around the hole in the toilet. Additionally the valve itself wasn't assembled correctly and had to fix that as well.

If you have either issue the toilet wont hold water and will likely stink up the bathroom...you do have to lightly depress the flush valve after you've flushed to get the water into the toilet, it doesn't automatically fill.

As for the tank drain, is it possible that the push/pull rod came disconnected from the actual valve?

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI
bill-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:19 AM   #3
Kensley193

Ok thank you! I didn't think something was right with it. It doesn't hold any liquid at all. When using it and you go to flush it's just the tp in there lol... I've tried running alittle water but everything goes down immediately. I'll try to figure out how to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
I can't help you with the leak but my toilet when new wouldn't hold water. I have a Dometic porcelain toilet and the flapper seal wasn't seated correct. I had to hold the flush valve open and reseat the seal around the hole in the toilet. Additionally the valve itself wasn't assembled correctly and had to fix that as well.

If you have either issue the toilet wont hold water and will likely stink up the bathroom...you do have to lightly depress the flush valve after you've flushed to get the water into the toilet, it doesn't automatically fill.

As for the tank drain, is it possible that the push/pull rod came disconnected from the actual valve?
Kensley193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:34 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If you have access to your Dometic 310/320 Owner's Manual, on page 2 are detailed instructions on what to do if the toilet does not hold water. The entire process, actually two processes, are completely described there. If you don't have access to the Owner's Manual you can download a copy at this link: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/wp-...ies_manual.pdf

As for the "gush of black water" when you remove the cap, it is completely preventable with the preparation. We just this week, discussed this on the forum. You can read that discussion, complete with suggested actions to help prevent the "Poo Shower" here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=29942

Typically, if you're having a problem, there's someone else that either has or had the same issues and we've talked about it on the forum, sometimes every week for the past several years. If you use the search feature, type in a couple of key words, you'll almost always find a wealth of information to help you solve most any RV related question. We welcome new questions and twists on old problems, so feel free to ask away, but much faster and sometimes more complete information is readily "at your fingertips" with a quick search.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, passport, passport 3320bh, tank