Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #1
lcarver02

2016 Premier 22RB Front Cap Cracking (Crazing)

Noticed the front cap of the trailer has cracking or crazing in the paint on the entire surface, but most noticed on the top 1/2. There are hundreds of cracks from .065 to .75 inch long everywhere. This paint defect was brought to my attention on the Day-of-Delivery and the Service people said it was no big deal, just bring it in next year. Well it is a big deal. Keystone has so far declined to cover this issue under warranty (yes I am in warranty). I have heard every excuse in the book about declining to cover this obvious paint defect. Customer Relations will not respond. They have stated they are checking with the vendor to see what they will do. Keystone is the company that warranty is with, not some vendor. I plan to get an attorney. We will finish this in court. Sad this company chooses to do this to a good customer..........well not any more.
lcarver02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:14 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

First, welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you as a new member and we're sorry you're having problems with your front cap paint.

In case you haven't read the "RED STATEMENT" at the bottom of every forum page, I'll post it here, in my response:
"This forum is owned and operated by Social Knowledge, LLC. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company and is not affiliated with the Keystone RV Company or its related companies in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company."

We, the forum, have no relationship with the factory (other than we own Keystone trailers) and to the best of my knowledge, no one from Keystone is a member of this forum (at least in any official capacity) and if there is a Keystone employee who is a member, that person has never identified himself/herself as an employee. So when you post on the forum, you're talking to owners of Keystone trailers, people interested in Keystone trailers or "the general public". You're not "talking to Keystone".

I've found through reading multiple threads on this and other forums, that once an attorney is involved, all of the RV manufacturers tend to stop all discussions with the dealership, the owner and work on the problem stops. From that "first attorney letter" everything is referred to the corporate legal team for any and all actions. I suppose what I'm trying to say is this: If you want work to stop on your problem until it's litigated in court or settled out of court, hiring an attorney is likely going to cause that to happen. Litigation often takes years, so be prepared for the "long haul".

Good luck with your paint job, everyone here wishes you a good outcome, but please understand the only help we can offer is opinions, wishes and past experience. None of us have any influence with the manufacturer, Keystone RV Company.

This could be a "lesson for the future" in that, unless you're buying a "scratch and dent" item, if the item doesn't meet your approval standards before delivery, don't pay for it, don't accept it and don't sign the contract until it is repaired to your satisfaction.

Again, welcome to the forum and good luck with your problem.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
Tbos

You may want to contact Trailer Life magazine. They have stepped in for others in the past with good results. Good luck.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rack