Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #1
KennyDean

Location of water heater on the 25RKS located

Hello I am very new to raving I have a 2015 fifth wheel only used twice and am going out soon I do not understand where the water heater is located and I just Dr winterized it but did nothing to the heater. What am I supposed to do to the water heater to get it started? I am a wounded vet with a brain injury who is having difficulty with this task can you help me please step by step. Thank you
KennyDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
KennyDean

Anyone out there that can help me getting my water heater prep and ready to go? Have had awesome support getting everything else ready this is really my first big time taking it out myself I have D winterized it sanitize my freshwater tanks and make sure everything inside was working but now I'm lost on the heater if you can help me please do so thank you
Old 08-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I don't know anything about your trailer, but if the trailer was set up properly and you have dewinterized your water heater would have just been emptied and not filled with any of the winterizing liquid.

As far as location, depending on the trailer it could be any where. It WILL have an outside access cover that will look something like this: http://www.adventurerv.net/suburban-...source=Froogle

The water heater should be right behind that panel. No telling where they located it inside but that should lead you in the right direction. If it was winterized there should be a bypass valve somewhere that isolates the hot water heater from the system. Hopefully it will be at the back of the heater. If not, it might be where all the water connections are on the RV.

Good luck and post back if you are successful or need additional info.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
Tbos

I don't have a rig like yours, however most have similar water heaters. If I understand you correctly you don't know where yours is so you can make sure you are good to go. On the outside of your rig there is most likely a thin metal hinged door with a vent in it. Your WH is behind that door. If I can find a picture I'll post one. Make sure your valves are closed and the anode or plug are installed. On the inside of your rig, could be in a storage area, there should be an access panel to let you get to the winterization bypass valve. Make sure it is closed so the water flows int the WH. Connect to city water and make sure water comes out of each hot water faucet before you turn on the the WH. Once you get good clear water you should be good to go. Then either turn on the electric WH if hooked up to city electric or propane if not. If using propane you should be able to hear it running from outside near that door. Let us know how it goes. Hope I was clear enough on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:50 AM   #5
KennyDean

You all are have been a great sourse of information and needed advice. It has helped me locate the WH inside the unit and the panel outside. One I close the value on the unit will water pass in it? Should I wait till tomorrow before I start it after I get hooked up at the camp ground? Will let you all know who my first big by myself camping adventure went afterwards! Thanks again. I think some one would make s lot of money creating a how to do manual that would over ride the companies manual they give you!
Old 08-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #6
Tbos

With the bypass valve closed water will enter the WH if you have water pressure in the system and you open a hot water spigot. Enjoy.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater