Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2019, 09:18 AM   #21
mj5150

My wife was ready to ditch the mattress in our new Raptor after a couple months, but we made it one year.
We bought a regular size king and deal with the extra length hanging over the edge. We're both over 6', so it's worth it to us.
We purchased a Serta iComfort Blue Touch 300. Great mattress for us so far, about eight months.

-Mike
mj5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:22 AM   #22
Bamabox

Same trailer except the 21RBS version. Been in the 22RBS’s recently see no difference. Yes the original mattress is awful. We got the thickest best King memory foam topper we could find, and got a deal at Kohl’s with coupons. Cut to fit like many have said with a Ginsu . Very, very comfortable now. Heavy, yes. Had to do some reinforcement of the frame at the foot that opens for storage. Cheesy 2x2 construction. I get it. I bought an XLite. Used to be in aerospace, so when it comes to weight, it all adds up. I left the original framework and just reinforced it with metal deck accessories from Home Depot. Very strong now and added little weight. In reality, I suggest anybody with our trailer do that as preventive maintenance. Mine had started to come apart after some rough roads and made the repair a little more difficult. Do it while it’s still all together and it will be a very easy upgrade.

2015 Ram 3500 SLT 5.7 Hemi
Bamabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:05 AM   #23
Amy&Dave

Try a full queen?

We were lucky enough that our TT had a full size queen but also hated the factory mattress and replaced it mid-summer of our first year. Because your king is smaller, would a full queen fit? We got a 60x80 12” memory foam 4-layer cooling gel on Overstock.com for a little over $300. We figured it was worth it since we likely have several more years in that RV.
Amy&Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:15 PM   #24
brodiegg

You can find RV king fitted sheets on Amazon. I quickly dumped the nasty mattress that came with our TT and found a company called TOCHTA. They have 3 different models and any size you want. We got the utopia and 71x74x9 inch and it is incredible. I am a side sleeper so prefer a softer mattress. the 71 inch wide makes it easier to make.
brodiegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:34 PM   #25
rachel1608

Mattress

We are planning to replace our 72x74 King.
Having one made @ Cantwell Mattress in San Antonio getting a Rv Queen with extra support on the ends where you Crawl in, and cutting the platform down. Don't need the extra width. Quoted $608.
rachel1608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:24 AM   #26
jayhancock

We have the 24RBS and knew the mattress was sub par at purchase. Bought a 3 inch memory foam topper at Costco and used a cheap electric carving knife to cut cleanly to match size. Then we decided we wanted another 3 inches and did it again. Very comfortable now!
jayhancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:30 AM   #27
Wyldfire

https://youtu.be/zpjl8Qsrn64
Wyldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #28
Glenda Clark

The mattress that came with my Trailer was like a Block of Cement.
I went and bought a Pillow Top. What a life saver for my back.
Then I bought the fitted foam cover that goes on it , very cushie'
Once you put the sheets on , it is wonderful.

2016 Chevy Silverado , 1500.
5.3 liter V8
Glenda Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:30 AM   #29
Fishdeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
I think I have a plan. The RV King mattress I have is 72" wide and 74" long. The particle board section that supports the bottom half of the bed and lifts up for storage access is only 60" wide. If I remove this and replace it with a piece that's 60" wide but about 6" longer I can replace my mattress with a residential queen (60' x 80') and I have solved the problem. Now I will have more room down each side and I can buy standard queen size bedding.

THANK YOU
I did this with a camper queen to a real queen.
But the wood being the SAME width as your mattress... not good... shin gitter!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6014.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	21384  
Fishdeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, mattress