Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2020, 10:30 AM   #1
Cjblodgett

2521 Passport hidden sewer tubes-need modification advice

We just bought a 2020 2521 RLWE travel trailer. One complaint is the sewer system seems "hidden", so that you need to practically crawl under the rig to hook the sewer hoses for black/gray and galley. I am too old to get on my hands and knees and frankly...yuck.

I attached a 90 degree swivel and that may work. Has anybody tried this?

I also am wondering if I am able to attach a hose to each with a y-connector in this configuration. Would that be right?

When dumping tanks, do I need to disconnect one to drain the other to prevent back flow?

And lastly, I have read about the Valterra electric valves (or extenders?) for the levers.... any ideas on that?

Thanks for any advice.

Cj
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sewerhose.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	28453   Click image for larger version

Name:	90swivel.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	28454   Click image for larger version

Name:	under.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	28455  
Cjblodgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:50 AM   #2
Bill-2020

I’m not sure about those 90s. They make 45s that may better suit your needs. The y looks ok, hook up like that. You shouldn’t get any back flow, just open one valve at time. Black first, empty it, flush it, close the valve and then open the gray. Those pipes are where the factory intended them to be.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:19 AM   #3
Bill-2020

Check out this as well if you need the extra length.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39572-C...976687&sr=8-15
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:43 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I would start with a terminal valve on both ports, follow that with a 45 degree fitting and follow that with a 3.5" clear fitting and a "hose cap with a garden hose fitting built in" on both. That should put your sewer connection "at or very near the trailer edge (don't go past it, bushes in campgrounds can rip lots of expensive plastic stuff off trailers). The reason for the terminal valve is to prevent "sewer splash" or "poonami showers" if a main valve leaks... No matter the quality or cost of the valve, toilet paper, a flushable wipe or even a bit of construction debris can (and usually will) find its way to the valve to cause it to leak at the most inopportune time.

Connect your "Y" sewer hoses and go from there. No need to disconnect or try to prevent "backflow". keep a "down grade level" from trailer fitting to campground fitting and you'll be OK.

The way your tanks are plumbed, start by dumping the black tank. When it's empty and as clean as you plan, close that valve, move to the galley tank (next most dirty) and dump it, then close that valve, then move to the bath gray as the last tank to dump. That rinses the hoses with the "cleanest dirty water"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mod, passport, sewer