Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2016, 02:01 PM   #1
msubobcats

Couple more questions on our new 284RDB.

We, actually Patti noticed, that the shower enclosure (a corner shower stall) is not flush with the wall. There is probably a 1/32 gap at the top. Patti is worried about condensation/water getting between the enclosure and the wall. The dealership said that the stall is not flush due to movement/flexibilty... That sounds reasonable to me. She is not sold with that explanation so if they will not caulk we may to keep Patti happy. Should the stall be an issue?
Also, with the auto-leveler I noticed (two days later) that the left side wheels were off the ground. Our driveway is sloped a bit for drainage. When I lowered the front landing gear I did too much of a lift. Really had not noticed. From now on I wiil not lift so much. But is it safe to have the wheels off the ground... But after our old 5th Wheel the auto-leveler is NICE.
For now that should be it for questions... Till I think of something else.
Appreciate all the help.
8.1 / Allison / Long bed / Crew Cab
2016 Keystone Cougar 284RDB
GOOOOO MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY BOBCATS
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
cant_remember_ID

Where is the gap in the shower? If at the bottom, I was told that was supposed to be there to let any water that does get behind the wall out. If at the top, yes, I might think a bead of caulk would help keep thing dry. But if you are still under warranty, I would let the dealer make the call to be safe.

For the levelers, I think you're fine to have a side off the ground. Each Jack is rated to lift 5,000 lbs, so you are not straining the motors too much. I have seen some debate about if this is a safe practice, but I feel comfortable with it.
cant_remember_ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
CaptnJohn

Safe ~~ probably. Still, levelers are to level not raise the camper. I'd be more concerned of a bend or twist in the frame.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote