Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
Guywood

Water Heater will not always re-light

Hello all,

We have a suburban SW12DEL water heater that runs on 110V and propane. We have had an issue with the water heater ever since we bought the 5th wheel a year ago new at Camping World. Camping World could not reproduce the problem (won't go into that) and a local dealer reproduced the problem but cannot figure it out.

The water heater is controlled by the InCommand system in the RV. When we turn on the water heater on propane, it works and heats up the water just fine. But when it needs to come on to maintain the water temperature, it does not come on or comes on very infrequent and we get a message in the console that says to check water heater (attached picture).

We can acknowledge the message and turn it on again and it will come on and heat the water. During the course of the day, we will have to do this multiple times.

It runs on electric just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water heater msg.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	18486  
Guywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:42 AM   #2
curtthegreat

My 420 does/did the same thing. The screen on my DC went bad and Jensen sent me a new touch screen. Not sure if it will fix that problem, but we will be camping this weekend, and I'll let you know. I do think it has something to do with the touch screen, because when I had to bypass the DC with a jumper wire in the main BCM, our water heater worked perfectly on gas all labor day weekend.
curtthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:46 AM   #3
curtthegreat

Update:

Replacing the DC (touch screen) with the updated model did not fix the water heater from shutting off. Anyone else have an idea?
curtthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, light, water, water heater