Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2023, 04:33 AM   #1
Its_just_cai

Trailer Lights Dim

2019 springdale 311re
So power went out yesterday plugged into the Firman Generator with the surge protector. Probably unrelated but the capacitor for the AC went out it seems. Got a hum but no flow of air. OK no big deal.
Woke up this morning and the lights were incredibly dim. All lights worked (except the refrigerator light), TV worked, had power to everything. Checked the box it was OK as well l, still plugged into the 50amp, decided I'd figure it out later after my coffee so I turned ALL the lights on and it restored some of the brightness. Now I'm confused as hell. What could be the issue.
UPDATE: Brightness lasted about 30 Min. Then all went dim simultaneously.
Its_just_cai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 05:24 AM   #2
Texas Steve

Your lights sound like it is a battery or 12vdc problem. When plugged into shore power, put a meter on the battery terminals. It should read 13.6vdc. That would indicate that your converter is operating properly. You can pull the battery, (TURN OFF ALL POWER FIRST), and take it to an auto parts store and have it load tested.
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 09:36 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Original batteries? If they are the original batteries then they were likely marginal at best when new. As stated have them checked. Without more detail, i.e. duration of power outage, duration of Gen run time, generator capacity, does the trailer have an EMS, etc. any guess as to what caused your experience would not be an "educated guess" but rather a WAG.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 10:38 AM   #4
Its_just_cai

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Original batteries? If they are the original batteries then they were likely marginal at best when new. As stated have them checked. Without more detail, i.e. duration of power outage, duration of Gen run time, generator capacity, does the trailer have an EMS, etc. any guess as to what caused your experience would not be an "educated guess" but rather a WAG.
I'm headed back to test the battery. I bought used so unsure if they are original. Outage was from around 5-530 Am to 1 Pm. Generator ran the whole time. Generator is the Firman t07571 7500/9400 tri fuel running on propane.
Unsure of what the EMS is or the WAG stands for.
Its_just_cai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 12:31 PM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_just_cai View Post
I'm headed back to test the battery. I bought used so unsure if they are original. Outage was from around 5-530 Am to 1 Pm. Generator ran the whole time. Generator is the Firman t07571 7500/9400 tri fuel running on propane.
Unsure of what the EMS is or the WAG stands for.
EMS -Energy Managment System, much, much more than a surge protector.

WAG - Wild A$$ Guess.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights