Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2023, 08:16 AM   #1
Coach Mac

Furnace doesn't light

The furnace doesn't light. The blower comes on but no ignition.
This happened two nights ago and yesterday I removed the panel under the refrigerator and was able to reach the switch on the top of the heater. I reset it and the blower and furnace came on. This morning the furnace was off again but hitting the reset switch didn't work.

I checked the fuse and it is good. There is propane coming to the stove so it doesn't look like a fuel supply issue.

Any ideas?
Coach Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 10:30 AM   #2
jsb5717

It would help what trailer you've got and what year it is.

Generally I would first suspect the sail switch. That switch must engage before the furnace will attempt to ignite. You've got the fan spinning up but now sparking, right? As a test you can jump the 2 wires connected to the sail switch, set the thermostat to call for heat from the furnace, and see if it attempts ignition.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 02:45 PM   #3
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
It would help what trailer you've got and what year it is.

Generally I would first suspect the sail switch. That switch must engage before the furnace will attempt to ignite. You've got the fan spinning up but now sparking, right? As a test you can jump the 2 wires connected to the sail switch, set the thermostat to call for heat from the furnace, and see if it attempts ignition.
Normally the controller module will see that the sail switch circuit is closed when it shouldn’t be and the blower motor will not spin up because of that jumper wire

It’s a Dometic Atwood furnace the OP is working on.. Suburban furnaces doesn’t have a switch on the outer case..

I would remove the sail switch and blow it out with compressed air and then put a multimeter across the sail switch leads and move the paddle arm

Should read less than 1 ohm resistance with paddle arm one direction and then infinity with paddle arm moved the other way

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 02:50 PM   #4
ChuckS

You can however follow these steps and temp jumper the sail switch wires after the blower motor spins up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9945.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	44974  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, light