Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #1
rakearns1

outside kitchen

I wondered if anyone has changed the design of the gas hook up on the outside kitchen on a 2019 Cougar 1/2 ton 29RKS? I was surprised that to hook up the LP up I have to lay on the dirt to connect and turn on the gas. Newby asking
rakearns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:27 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakearns1 View Post
I wondered if anyone has changed the design of the gas hook up on the outside kitchen on a 2019 Cougar 1/2 ton 29RKS? I was surprised that to hook up the LP up I have to lay on the dirt to connect and turn on the gas. Newby asking

Seems to be an industry wide standard to mount the quick connect fitting at the frame because that’s where the gas line is. The quick connect fitting is usually screwed into a block that is secured to the frame.

Most likely faster and easier at the factory to do it that way and have pre made hose to length needed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
DDG

I have a 2017 Cougar X-lite with the outside kitchen and to hook up the gas all I have to do is pull the gas line out when you pull the burners out reach under pull the rubber plug out and hook up gas line and turn on valve down there. The reason they didn't put a hole thru the kitchen is so you don't for get the gas on and you have disconnect the line and shut off the gas and push it in. That's what I was told by a salesman at the dealership when I was looking at a 2018 Cougar half ton 29rks. DDG
DDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Our outdoor kitchen is the same way. The hose from the stove barely reaches the quick disconnect and it was a PIA to disconnect it every night so the stove could be stored each night. I added a 3' extension so I only have connect once each trip. After that I disconnect at the extension eliminating lying on the ground. I've thought about replacing the black pipe behind the quick disconnect to bring it further out from under the skirting but I'm thinking they did it that way to protect the gas line if you sideswipe something like a fire hydrant or electric pole.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote