Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
sarahdove

Fuzion 371 washer hookup

Hello Fuzion owners, we have a 2015 371 TH. Have any of you added the laundry hook ups in your garage If so, how did you vent the dryer and how did you attach the unit/units so as not to move while traveling? Thanks for any info.
sarahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
Dan Lockwood

I'm VERY NEW here and have not installed a hookup in my Raptor 395LEV, but I have a new washer/dryer combo unit. I bought the vent-less one, not sure how well they work, but I didn't want to have to run a vent through the floor etc.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do permanently, but for moving it out to the storage area about 7 miles away, it's just going to sit on the carpet in the garage.

If you've never tried to move one of these, first off they are very heavy and secondly the feet under them are really sticky. I cannot slide my washer on the carpet, have to tip it up and pivot it around to move it.

In my model, there's an aluminum tapered plate that comes down just under the hookup and to the floor. At the floor it sticks out about 5" or 6", so the washer/dryer will not slide up against the wall. I was thinking of making up a stand for it and getting it up a bit so I can get it closer to the wall. But it still needs to be a couple inches out for the hoses etc. I was thinking about making up a bracket out of stainless on our work waterjet that I could screw to the wall as a spacer and that would hook up to the rear of the unit to stabilize it.

All conjecture at this point as I'm, like I said, a newbie.

I'm sure that others will chime in at some point with first hand experience to share and offer.

Good luck.

Oh, when I was looking at used toy haulers at dealerships, all said as long as there was a half bath in the garage a washer/dryer hookup would not be too hard. But didn't want to do it without the half bath and available plumbing.
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
travelin texans

Couple FYIs on the combo washer/dryer. The main thing is it takes 2+ hours to do a small load, it has to be a small load anyway & you will need an iron as EVERYTHING will come out very wrinkled. Would I buy another combo, NOPE!
I vented mine, not sure I'd want the non vented, excess moisture in a RV is never good & adding that much from the dryer could be too much.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:28 PM   #4
notanlines

TT and I have the same advice for you. We don’t want that moisture in out RV. You better open everything you can during the dryer process.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:52 AM   #5
Dan Lockwood

Thanks for the suggestions.

I realize that I'm hijacking this thread, but my questions should still be relevant to the OP.

I have a brand new as shipped ventless combo washer/dryer unit. It "can" be vented if I choose to, but it will function without the vent.

So IF I wanted to vent my combo unit, would I just drill a large hose size hole in the floor and provide a mouse proof cap and then just vent through the floor?

Thanks and have a great weekend.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:19 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Depending on the location of your combination washer/dryer unit, it MAY vent through the floor or it MAY vent through the sidewall. If it does vent through the floor, be sure to access space "all the way through the floor"... DON'T vent it into the space between the floor surface and the coroplast "belly cover".... Doing that will trap all the moisture from your dryer function in the space below your floor and increase the potential for mold, mildew, rot and damage.

If you're considering any "cold weather camping" that would include skirting around your RV, then venting under the floor is not a good idea. That will trap moisture under your trailer and increased water related problems.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:38 AM   #7
Dan Lockwood

John, thanks.

I see you have your location as Gaylord. Is that Gaylord MI? If so, you do get some cold weather "up north", right...

My hookup is between my half bath in the garage and the main door leading from the garage into the living quarters. So IF I do vent, it will need to be through the floor and not a side wall.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:06 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lockwood View Post
John, thanks.

I see you have your location as Gaylord. Is that Gaylord MI? If so, you do get some cold weather "up north", right...

My hookup is between my half bath in the garage and the main door leading from the garage into the living quarters. So IF I do vent, it will need to be through the floor and not a side wall.
Yes, I'm in northern Michigan and yes, it does get extremely cold. Often below 0F for weeks on end, often never getting above -20F for 10 days or more and usually well below 32F from January through early April.

As for venting, depending on where the Coroplast belly cover ends on your trailer (many end at/forward of the garage floor so the fuel tanks can vent to the atomosphere) you can cut a 2-3" hole (whatever is recommended for your particular combination model) in the floor, install a 90 degree elbow and route the vent pipe to the side of the trailer, cut a hole in the J-wrap skirting and install the vent on the sidewall, likely near where the black/gray tank connections are currently located.

There's no "bad problems" with venting it directly under the trailer (as long as it doesn't vent into the belly confined space), but depending on how you plan to use the trailer, it may be a better option to keep all moisture out from under the trailer. Now, if you lived in Las Vegas, moisture wouldn't be an issue in the winter, but anywhere with high relative humidity, keeping the underside of an RV dry is always a good thing to consider, if possible.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:23 AM   #9
travelin texans

If there's any possibility I'd recommend venting out a sidewall not underneath!! Just my opinion!
Replacement undetermined
Old 09-13-2019, 08:28 AM   #10
Dan Lockwood

John, thanks again for the suggestion on routing the hose etc.

I too am a Michigander, born and raised until '02 when I moved down to the greater St Louis MO area for work.

Our homestead area is the Clare/Farwell area, central MI. I graduated from Farwell in '67 and my dad in '32. My mom from Clare in '32. My brother from St Ignace in '60.

My dad worked road construction and I went to 11 different schools until we moved to the Farwell area mid 7th grade. The closest to Gaylord for me was Mio and St Ignace.

I moved from the Clare area to Midland in '88 and then moved south in '02. I flew out for work a lot and Midland was close to the plant and close to the airport.

I miss MI and I plan on spending a couple months next year probably at Wixom Lake just northwest of Midland. I have a few old car club friends that have RV's there and it should be a good time, just like living there...

Thanks again for the helpful suggestions.
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Old 09-13-2019, 11:56 AM   #11
purebred

This is our second Splendide 7100 XC combo. All I can say is both units have worked very good for our wants and desires. Had a small vibration with first unit but finally got unit leveled good and no more problems. It is slower than a big unit but still beats the laundromat. As far as moisture in trailer, we have had no problems. It is a sealed system and if used properly will not have a moisture problem. Wife is happy with it which makes for a happy husband also. I feel there is a lot of misconception about this particular model. Know a couple that owns a RV consignment location here in Texas. The husband owner was the one who kept after us about the 7100 unit. Him and his wife both bragged on its abilities. Seems they were right. At least for us anyway. To each their own.
purebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:19 PM   #12
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
This is our second Splendide 7100 XC combo. All I can say is both units have worked very good for our wants and desires. Had a small vibration with first unit but finally got unit leveled good and no more problems. It is slower than a big unit but still beats the laundromat. As far as moisture in trailer, we have had no problems. It is a sealed system and if used properly will not have a moisture problem. Wife is happy with it which makes for a happy husband also. I feel there is a lot of misconception about this particular model. Know a couple that owns a RV consignment location here in Texas. The husband owner was the one who kept after us about the 7100 unit. Him and his wife both bragged on its abilities. Seems they were right. At least for us anyway. To each their own.
I also hated going to laundromats, but at least we were in/out in just over an hour, with the combo in our 1st 5er a couple loads was an all day event. Our 2nd 5er had the stackable Splendide pair, they were great.
Replacement undetermined
Old 09-30-2019, 05:47 AM   #13
lonewolftx

Wink Bad idea. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lockwood View Post
Thanks for the suggestions.

I realize that I'm hijacking this thread, but my questions should still be relevant to the OP.

I have a brand new as shipped ventless combo washer/dryer unit. It "can" be vented if I choose to, but it will function without the vent.

So IF I wanted to vent my combo unit, would I just drill a large hose size hole in the floor and provide a mouse proof cap and then just vent through the floor?

Thanks and have a great weekend.
You'll find that you probably can't vent it anywhere near the hookups thru the floor. Why? There are two 30 gal fuel tanks and a 40+ gal Black/Gray tank in the floor under the garage and living area. You might be able to go through the roof but that will take looking at areas with enough space to vent a 4" hose. There are no good solutions to venting a W/D in a toy hauler where the setup is in the center of the garage, just when it's in the forward MstrBdrm. I tried to get layout plans from Keystone but they say they are proprietary so no go. Good luck!

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 18.5k, '16 F350 DRW PSD CCLB, LKR Fx4, WH Platinum Tri, 4.1 LSD, MR, PullRite OE 25K 5th, High CT, EB Heater, Tailgate Step, Recon RL's, Air Lift System, TruXcedo Lopro, DZ TG Assist, KC Lights, Pop&Lock TG, Cable Lock
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion, washer