Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2019, 06:05 AM   #1
T4Bama

Key TV

I have a 2019 Avalanche with the Key TV System. Anyone out there having problems with it working. Hooked up exactly as described and still nothing. I can run coax directly to my receiver and I have tv. So, it’s got to be in the RV system. Any thoughts/help? Thanks.
T4Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:04 AM   #2
Lpmt

Ours didn't work right either, couldn't even get any over air channels. Dealer had to replace the entire Key TV control box where everything hooks up on the outside of the trailer. When you have TV on there should be a little light on the outside box, if not check to confirm there is power to the outside box first, it could be a loose wire.
Lpmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:41 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Booster needs to be off to use your receiver ... booster on to scan for OTA signals.(antenna) Could be your problem.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
travelin texans

This new TV system is starting to sound like the InCommand systems, they're great WHEN they work, which appears is not often.
Glad my RVs were all back in the dark ages with boosted crank up antennas that worked & those antique light switches you used your finger to operate not your phone.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Booster needs to be off to use your receiver ... booster on to scan for OTA signals.(antenna) Could be your problem.
There is no “booster” just the KeyTV system. If the blue light is on in the outside box, it has power and is operational. If you are connecting a cable from a park source, make sure it is connected to the correct input on the outside and the correct output on the inside and of course to the correct input on the tv. If you are just looking for over the air stations, nothing plugged in to the outside box, coax running from CATV/AIR output on wall plate and tv input is set to AIR, then run channel scan.

If that doesn’t work, pull the KeyTV box on the exterior and make sure everything is connected on the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	45A801F7-2253-420D-B569-0AEB2052A668.jpg
Views:	1177
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	23511   Click image for larger version

Name:	2361A628-ED5C-4AA0-B062-3C89B0D3A5F0.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	23512  
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:12 PM   #6
ChuckS

If blue power light is lit on the KeyTV module and all coax connections on back wide of module are tight then module is bad

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:57 AM   #7
jcoffey0517

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Bama View Post
I have a 2019 Avalanche with the Key TV System. Anyone out there having problems with it working. Hooked up exactly as described and still nothing. I can run coax directly to my receiver and I have tv. So, it’s got to be in the RV system. Any thoughts/help? Thanks.

Any luck in getting this replaced? I ran into the same issue this past weekend and worked out all the variables to determine it has to be the module.
jcoffey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote