Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2019, 03:39 AM   #21
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlist809 View Post
Thank you everyone, I appreciate the input.
Sorry you stepped into a rabbit hole.

I’m sure there are reasons that your truck manufacturer went with that rated tire, and “good enough” and inexpensive to mass produce comes into play.

And yes, you will be in “spec” keeping that tire. And you will read much here in the forum about numbers and keeping things in “spec”

To me the thing is you should never be faulted for improving over “spec”

Is the tire overkill? Possibly. But is it better suited to do the tasks asked of it? Absolutely. Something that is built with more capacity into it should be able to handle lighter tasks easier.

You’ll read on here the need to keep 10% margins on weight just to be safe. Why not apply that to your tire? Wouldn’t it be nice to know you have a tire that isn’t near it’s max? For me that answer is yes.

Good luck in your tire search,. Let us know your choice and how it works out for YOUR expectations.

Thanks for posting.
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires