Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #61
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt View Post
also i will be winterizing my unit my self. I won't use antifreeze i will just blow it out with the air thats what i did on my 2015 coleman unit. Do you just blow it out or you have to do something else like i heard there is a by pass valve next to water heater somewhere?
I am talking about blowing out with the air I know i have to add antifreeze to all my p traps, toilets, showers and tanks. I just don't want any antifreeze in my lines.
So do i just hook air hose to the city hook up and do about 25psi until all the water is gone?
Put the bypass on the hwh in the bypass mode (water/air bypasses the heater). It should be drained and the plug left out.

Connect your compressor (I run mine at about 35psi) to an adapter that goes into the fresh water connection. Run the compressor and start opening taps until water stops beginning with the tap furthest away from the port. After completing all the taps and they aren't putting out water (don't forget the outside shower) I open the low point drains until they are clear. Close and then I usually quickly repeat the process to get rid of any residual water that might have been left. Then close things up and add the anti freeze as you mentioned.

It looks like you are in Idaho so I would seriously consider pumping anti freeze into the lines. When blowing only there is usually a bit of water left somewhere. If it settles into your low point drains they might break. Also, I would leave every faucet cracked open for expansion if something freezes. If they are closed and water in the line freezes it WILL break something.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:47 PM   #62
svt

I blow each line for about 5 min make sure everything is out. I dont like tipping antefreeze into the lines, only ptraps. Even if there is a 5 drops I dont think it will damage any lines cuz there is room to expand. Same thing we do with sprinklers. Blow them out and good to go. How do you guys do your water pumps. On this one I disconnect one of the lines then blow it out. Its completely dry. Is there is a drain plug in those?
svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:49 PM   #63
svt

Also how you put the heater on by pass mode. I did open love plug and blow all the water out. Did I did something wrong?
Old 10-18-2018, 02:55 AM   #64
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt View Post
Also how you put the heater on by pass mode. I did open love plug and blow all the water out. Did I did something wrong?
By pass valve will be on the back side of the water heater. Since you're not using anti freeze I don't think you did anything wrong.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:43 AM   #65
svt

Oh it's just proventing antefreeze to get in there. Got it. Thanknyou guys
Old 01-30-2019, 06:49 PM   #66
svt

OP what sway hitch are you running
Old 04-03-2022, 01:41 PM   #67
Jgtexas

Sewer connection light

Hello, I have a 2019 Montana 40 ft 20th anniversary. There is a light that stays on by my dump connection. The awning light switch is off. Can't find the switch anywhere and hard to see where the wire goes because the furnace and water heater are right in the way. Any ideas. I know the light may come in handy someday, but right now it just attracts bugs.
Jgtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 03:04 PM   #68
86GT2r

The lights near the dump connection may be tied into the other outside lights like above the door, not the awning light.
---------------------
86GT2r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac issues, impact 332 toy hauler, keystone