Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
texasgreenhead

Need help identifying missing switch

Hello all. I'm new to this forum but not to other forums of other interest's. I did a search on my model and it seems very few folks have my model but I'm hoping for some help.

Purchased a 2012 Keystone Alpine 3495FL site unseen as it was a great deal. Im sorting through small bugs right now but seem to be making great headway. This particular one has me stumped.

There is a spot for what I would think a switch goes. I am attaching a picture with all items labeled. I have all lights accounted for and operational. I just don't see what this missing switch would be doing. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I also contacted Keystone and like others, they told me to get lost. Tried to get a dealer to get it for me from Keystone and they couldn't get it either. Dealer cant find a diagram to show what went here either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine 3495FL.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	15197  
texasgreenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Have you pulled the switch to see if it is wired to anything? The panels in these things are generic and used across many lines. Just because it is there does not mean it's there for a reason.

Hopefully someone with an Alpine will chime in soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

As you started with the lights I would continue making sure all all other devices are accounted for and working such as awning(s), electric portion of the HWT , etc. As far as that switch next to the one you identified as porch light, I would check that entrance light to see if it has two bulbs. On my Raptor there are two bulbs in the entry light, one amber and one clear. There are two switches next to each other, in my case labeled Porch and Patio. one switch turning on the amber light, the other the clear, or you can turn them both on
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
captcolour

Was thinking maybe outside stair lights? My newer Alpine has a switch in the door. Perhaps an older model had a on/off switch.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:01 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

The switch by the porch light may be the scare light (large round light on the side of the trailer just forward of the curb side LR slide). No idea what the other wiring/switch location may be, but if the awning doesn't have a "large switch like the slides" and there is no awning switch in another location, it may be "missing the awning switch".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:34 AM   #6
texasgreenhead

Found it!

Thanks to all of those who provided valuable feedback. I appreciate it. I ended up contacting a dealer in another state that had the same unit for sale. The service guy was generous enough to go out to that unit and take a photo of that panel.

Turns out I am missing a switch to the FAN-TASTIC Vent. Its a power actuated roof vent over the kitchen area. Who'd thunk it.

I still need to figure out what that switch by the porch light is. I didn't want to bombard the service guy with more as I felt like he did me a huge favor already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5390445351.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	15210  
texasgreenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd still guess that "unknown switch" is for the scare light on the front of the trailer sidewall or possibly for "mood lights" on the front cap.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:36 AM   #8
mazboy

Do u have front lights on cap?
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote