Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
BRAPOM

opening doors

Picked up my new 365 velocity and on return trip home both entry doors would open when ever I hit a blip in the road or when i curbed the wheels once, Even with the entry handles folded over the doors they pop open, Called dealer and left message, Is this normal? Did not have this problem with other th I have had but this is long at 40foot. Thanks
BRAPOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

No this is NOT normal. Either the door strikers are misadjusted or the doors themselves are not installed properly. The dealer should be able to handle this in short order. As for scraping the curb, welcome to the world of long trailers. It does take some getting used to....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
35mastr

This not normal at all. Were the Dead Bolts locked?
[B]Honda 3000IS
35mastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
macgyver1

Toy Hauler Doors

We have the same model when we travel we lock the dead bolts. That way if stoped at a light or other wise some one can't jump in an help them selves. I would also say that some thing is not correctly adjusted
macgyver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
Ron

Some trailers we have owned stay closed and some don't, currently our Montana opens against the closed hand rail, so we just lock the dead bolt as mentioned also so someone doesn't jump in and help themselves...........Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
BRAPOM

I did start to lock the dead bolts on both doors, I will have to ck the strikers to adjust as the dealer is 8hrs away. Worst case will use local dealer that had the nasy salesman. (why i chose to travel for this one)
BRAPOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
KenBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAPOM View Post
I did start to lock the dead bolts on both doors, I will have to ck the strikers to adjust as the dealer is 8hrs away. Worst case will use local dealer that had the nasy salesman. (why i chose to travel for this one)
Be aware that the local dealer may not do any warranty work because you did not purchase from them. Unless you decide to pay. The manufacturer brochures we got from our dealer all were printed with "Buy local" and gave an explanation about why and warranty repairs. The RV dealers are not like automobile dealers where you can buy from here and take it there for warranty service. Good luck!

Both entry doors on our Fuzion had closing/latching issues. I corrected the problems myself and have not had any issues since.
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #8
Beachnut

I have had no problems taking my Keystone Outback to a "local" Keystone dealer for repairs, even when I did not buy it there. They do not even sell the Outback trailers, but have done some fine warranty repair work, for free, for me. So I would bet it is more about the "dealer" than anything else. My closest "outback" dealer is 2 hours away, and i believe they even stopped selling Outbacks, (or lost the right to after what they did selling us ours). Just call and ask the dealer, or Keystone, they will tell you...

Beachnut
Beachnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
jje1960

Door opening

I must say, this is pretty bizarre, I've never seen a door open while travel on any of our units, however after the first time would have used the second lock.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote