Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
xrated

Going to Try This.....

So my Impact 303 came with a 50' cord for the shore power and I also have a 30' long extension cord that I can use. So I was thinking a while back about how nice it would be to be able to use the 30' cord instead of the 50' one, especially when the shore power is very close to the plug in on the T.H. The problem that I had was that the 30' cord has the typical 14-50P on one end and the 14-50R on the other end and the trailer needs the NEMA: SS 2-50R, which is a twist-lok type fitting. Since I wasn't going to cut off the end and put a SS 2-50R on the 30' cord, I came across this and I've got one coming Monday. One end will plug right into the camper and the other end will plug into the shore power 50A recpt. If I find a spot where I need more than the 50' cord reach, and need my 30' cord as an extension, I can just unplug the adapter and use the 30' cord as it's original purpose...and extension cord. Anyone else tried or use one of these?

Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote