Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
TimSal

Storage Area on 27 RKS 5th wheel

Being new to 5th wheels, how do you secure the stuff in the storage area of the 5th wheels? I was thinking about installing E-trak to the floor but am a little concerned about screwing into the floor. Anybody else do that on a Cougar Xlite 27 RKS? Thanks.
TimSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

We have an '08 27RKS 5th as well and we don't really "secure" our stuff in the storage area. Nothing is tied down but instead stored in plastic bins whenever possible and practical. Things like lawn chairs and other items that cant be put in bins or containers, we just lay them flat on the floor and stack them on top of one another. We haven't found that things have shifted or have moved significantly from place to place.
We try to place the bins and other items where they are easily accessible. You always have to move some bins and stuff around to get to some item in the back that you want or need but it isn't a huge problem. A little mumbling and quiet cursing really helps.
Keeping items in an installed E-trak system where it is neat, tidy and secure takes all the creativity and fun out of rummaging around and looking for your stuff. I wouldn't be concerned about your stuff flying all over the place in the storage compartment while you are going down the road.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
rburckhart

I agree with Festus2; we bought about half a dozen clear (so you can see inside and identify the contents) totes at Wal Mart that were low enought to miss the plumbing, etc. We just pulled our fifth wheel (an '07 292 RKS) from Tucson, AZ to Ocala, Florida, then from Florida to Ohio wit no problems whatsoever. Good luck and have fun...Dick
rburckhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
Steersall4

NAA !! Nothing shifts much in there !! I have made lots of trips from N Indiana to south Texas with our 04 Cougar (285efs) tool boxes, tackle boxes fishin poles llawn chairs when we get down to S Texas every thing looks just like when we left. IT IS a known fact that (in/on A TRAILER) the closer to the hitch the better stuff rides and I know it to be so!
SO ! throw some stuff in there, hitch up, and take off !! SO MANY PLACES<> SO LITTLE TIME"