Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
Trixie47

Selective Slides

I have hydraulic slides on my Avalanche 330RE. Above the hydraulic motor there are individual knobs for the individual slides. My question....Has anyone ever used these to just open one slide opposed to opening all the slides?
Thanks!
4x4 Turbo Diesel DRW
Husky Brake Controller

Trixie47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

YES TO YOUR QUESTION. I have done this when my unit is at home the rear most drivers side slide would hit a tree if it went out so i shut that one off since it is the bedroom slide. that way i don't do something stupid when i am inside during the winter months and cleaning or putsing around. the other thing i do is when it is at the camp ground and set up i shut them off. i have the remote control and with my luck some one will have a matching code transmitter and i will end up in the closet in the middle of the night highly unlikly but i often say if i had a duck it would drown!!!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
geo

Trixie47 -

Yes, actually I have used the valves quite a bit. At the storage unit, if our neighbor pulls in too close, we might have to lock out a slide. While traveling, we have pulled into rest stops, etc., and wanted in the refrigerator for lunch, etc. I lock out the slides that are towards the roadway and only extend the one slide that is opposite the roadway.

Using the hydralics once or twice will cause the valves to be hard to turn at first. So I just put a pair of slip-joint pliers in the hydralic tray to give that initial twist and save my fingers! Remember the old addage if you use the pliers - "Righty tighty and lefty loosey". Turn the valve "right" or clockwise to tighten and seal. The valves are constructed not to come out, but I don't want to damage them.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
SmittysRV

Does anyone have pictures of these control valve u mention? I want some for my Raptor 4014LEV. I don't think it is equipped. Thx!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ondkkf

https://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps7fb09er8.png

Tow Vehicle: 2006 F550 studded and bullet proofed!
Toys: 2012 RZR XP4 900, Yamaha WR450, TTR230 and 2 TTR90s.
SmittysRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:00 AM   #5
Roberson4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittysRV View Post
Does anyone have pictures of these control valve u mention? I want some for my Raptor 4014LEV. I don't think it is equipped. Thx!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ondkkf

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2001 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
B&W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch
Had
2008 Hornet Retreat 38BHDS (Good camper)
2006 Terry 320DBHS (POS)
Roberson4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
DocData757

You can never really tell what uses you are going to have for these valves but be glad they are there.

If you are running a cable through a slide, its nice to be able to pull one in a little and put it back out without having to move all of them. I had a hydraulic leak on one slide when I first got mine and used the valves to isolate each one and determine which had the problem.

The photos above show the valve sitting on the fluid tank but they may not be exactly there. Mine are up higher and not readily visible when you open the door. They should be in the same area as your pump/tank.
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
SmittysRV

looks good, I dont think my Raptor came with those, bummer deal sure could use them at times. Thx for the pics....
SmittysRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:12 AM   #8
Trixie47

Slide outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberson4 View Post

We went as far this past week to shut one off and see which slide it operated and then labeled it. Went through all the knobs and did this so I would know when we needed it. Really is a great feature !!
4x4 Turbo Diesel DRW
Husky Brake Controller

Trixie47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #9
DocData757

That label below the tray that reads 'Main | Bed | Opposing | Kitchen' is the valve label. 'Main' is the largest and 'Opposing' is the the other one in the living room. The others are obvious.
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote