Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2017, 04:36 PM   #1
Ncamilli

Fuzion 371 slide - adjustment?

I have a 2016 Fuzion 371. The big slide with the couch has always seemed to struggle to move in and out. When I look at all 3 slides, they have the same size motor it appears. And obviously when you listen to the three operate, the bedroom slide sounds normal, kitchen ok, and couch just sounds weak. Everyone else's sound the same? I am looking at adjustments and wondering if I tweak on it if I could get it better.

One pic is the kitchen slide cables and the other is the couch slideout.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3529.jpg
Views:	1799
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	12537   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3528.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	12538  
Ncamilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #2
mj5150

We just got a Raptor and opened the slides for the first time Monday. I seem to remember one sounding like it was struggling too.
We were too excited to pay attention to which one.

-Mike
mj5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:46 PM   #3
Ncamilli

I'm just waiting for the day it stops...that's my fear.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #4
theallde

Have a 5' slide and a 12' slide - they both have the same motor model. Just replaced the 12' slide motor and now I will carry a spare after waiting 5 days for the dealer to get the motor.

These cable slides save weight but at the expense of constant adjustment and worry about the cable breaking, Hopefully my next TT won't have cable slides but I'm not holding my breath.

Good luck .... Don
theallde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:00 AM   #5
Ncamilli

I like the idea of a spare motor.

Anyone know of a mobile RV repair/service company in the Charlotte NC area?
Old 05-11-2017, 06:05 AM   #6
xrated

In case y'all are interested, here is a link to a thread I started last year about cable operated slides and how to make the correct adjustments. They is also a link in there to download the cable slide manual......

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=26924
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 02:31 PM   #7
Toy boy

I have a 15' 371 also had main slide problem, FYI there is tsb for this. Can't find it now, but main slide has to be removed and rollers installed on the coach and new wear bar so that the slide guilds on rollers and a better wear bar, this seems to be the fix slide works better than new, check with the dealership on the TSB.

2012 gmc drw
2015 fuzion 371
Toy boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 04:11 PM   #8
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy boy View Post
I have a 15' 371 also had main slide problem, FYI there is tsb for this. Can't find it now, but main slide has to be removed and rollers installed on the coach and new wear bar so that the slide guilds on rollers and a better wear bar, this seems to be the fix slide works better than new, check with the dealership on the TSB.

2012 gmc drw
2015 fuzion 371
What is the size of the slide in question? I have two slides in my Impact 303, and the sofa slide contains a 93" sofa, so it's not small, but I don't know how big of a slide you are talking here.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #9
Rick52

I have a 2016 371 and my couch slide sounds like it struggles compared to the others,,,,,just thought it was mine.....I hate that they don't have stop switches on the slides, should be a no brainer, not like we didn't pay enough for them.....The cables are guaranteed to stretch.....
Rick52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:57 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

For those having issues with the cable slides "struggling", "binding" etc. I would recommend trying Zep 45. Clean the slide bottoms completely with a Dawn solution, rinse and dry. When dry pull the bottom seal back and spray the Zep under the slide along the wear bar. I tried everything and was almost going to pay to have the slides removed and the wear bar replaced then I talked to the manufacturer of the slides. It is the only product they use. Cleaned the slides, sprayed the Zep and let it dry. Slides went to like new from jerking, binding, growling etc. Gave some to another poster and he said it worked for him. Gave it to the dealer and they said it worked. Just a thought.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #11
Toy boy

Main slide is 103"
Rollers make the slide work better than new. I would check on that TSB with the dealer

2015 fuzion 371
2012 gmc
Toy boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #12
Ncamilli

Who sell Zep 45? Is it available at local auto part stores, etc?
Old 05-18-2017, 11:56 AM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncamilli View Post
Who sell Zep 45? Is it available at local auto part stores, etc?

After Norco recommended the Zep I tried to find it with no luck. I called them back and they said they ordered it commercially in large quantities. I then called Zep. They directed me to companies like Grainger etc. I called a number of them and no one carried it. I finally called Zep back and they agreed to sell it directly to me as an individual...but I had to buy a case at a cost of $145 or so which I did.

The price was high but worth it to me. I was tired of the binding and wear that had to be taking place. The dealership was using the slide lube they sell off the shelf at CW and was just making the problem worse. The member that I gave a can to from the forum said it fixed his problem and the SM at the dealership said it worked for them as well so it seems to be a good product from what I've seen and experienced.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #14
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
After Norco recommended the Zep I tried to find it with no luck. I called them back and they said they ordered it commercially in large quantities. I then called Zep. They directed me to companies like Grainger etc. I called a number of them and no one carried it. I finally called Zep back and they agreed to sell it directly to me as an individual...but I had to buy a case at a cost of $145 or so which I did.

The price was high but worth it to me. I was tired of the binding and wear that had to be taking place. The dealership was using the slide lube they sell off the shelf at CW and was just making the problem worse. The member that I gave a can to from the forum said it fixed his problem and the SM at the dealership said it worked for them as well so it seems to be a good product from what I've seen and experienced.
I'm going to give it a try, found some on ebay selling by the can. My kitchen slide jerks and squeaks bad going in and out.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:05 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
I'm going to give it a try, found some on ebay selling by the can. My kitchen slide jerks and squeaks bad going in and out.

Be sure and wash/clean/dry the bottom of the slides and the seals before applying it. That was recommended and we actually got a lot of "stuff" from the bottom of the slides and seals, which we had cleaned. We did use white rags and towels so........ I think getting any sticky debris/chemicals/residue etc. off of the surfaces first helps a lot.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:26 PM   #16
hdrolling

This video just posted on youtube May 17 2017

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:45 AM   #17
fxlakebum

Which Zep 45 product are you using as there are three different Zep 45 sprays on their website?
fxlakebum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion, slide