Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvin View Post
i agree, lots of good votes for the carlisle so i will go that way

will pull a wheel and find the load rating before i buy, really hope i can get load range e on there

thanks for the wal mart links to those tires

Some wheels have the max psi on the back, mine had the max pressure stamped (2830 lbs).
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #22
cvin

Got under the trailer and looked at the inside of the wheel well, lots of numbers found
one arm of the star that is stamped max load and the arm next to it 5/2150 & 6/2830 lbs ....
Also found ETO stamped on an arm

I am not sure what that means, these are six lug wheels?
Old 04-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Maybe those are the load for either a 5 or 6 lug wheel? I don't know. I would think the stamping would be for that particular wheel.....but? I'm sure someone will chime in.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:38 PM   #24
Javi

Quote:
Got under the trailer and looked at the inside of the wheel well, lots of numbers found
one arm of the star that is stamped max load and the arm next to it 5/2150 & 6/2830 lbs ....
Also found ETO stamped on an arm

I am not sure what that means, these are six lug wheels?
That means that the wheel is offered in both a 5 lug and a 6 lug drilling... you have a 6 lug so the rating is for 6/2830

Javi
Old 04-21-2017, 03:40 PM   #25
cvin

Thanks javi

Amazing the wheel manufacturer could not afford two stamps lol
Old 04-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #26
srvnt

America's Tire has rebates, I received 70 bucks, on 4 GY Endurance, made in USA.
Read a lot about the Marathon years ago, and sadly went with several different offshore bombs over the years, but have confidence now GY has improved with the Endurance. #MADEINUSA #MAGA #AMERICAFIRST

2013 Passport 2890RL GT
2015 Silverado CC LTZ 4x 2500 Duramax
HB Cal
srvnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvnt View Post
America's Tire has rebates, I received 70 bucks, on 4 GY Endurance, made in USA.
Read a lot about the Marathon years ago, and sadly went with several different offshore bombs over the years, but have confidence now GY has improved with the Endurance. #MADEINUSA #MAGA #AMERICAFIRST

Marathon years ago was "a china bomb". Goodyear suffered for that and haven't recovered IMO. The Endurance is their "answer" to all the horrible trailer tires they made in the last many years. It's nice to think they are made in the USA and will be made to some "super specs" but, Goodyear as a brand has declined significantly in quality in the last decade or two. The only tire I would buy used to be Goodyear for my cars/trucks. Now, it's not on the list.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:13 PM   #28
srvnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Marathon years ago was "a china bomb". Goodyear suffered for that and haven't recovered IMO. The Endurance is their "answer" to all the horrible trailer tires they made in the last many years. It's nice to think they are made in the USA and will be made to some "super specs" but, Goodyear as a brand has declined significantly in quality in the last decade or two. The only tire I would buy used to be Goodyear for my cars/trucks. Now, it's not on the list.
Before they went overseas, Marathons were made in the USA and had great reliability. Because Marathons went offshore quality suffered, and GY suffered for it too. So far I love these Endurance tires, the ONLY ones made in in USA, America's coming back!

2013 Passport 2890RL GT
HB Cal
Old 04-23-2017, 03:52 AM   #29
notanlines

srvnt, your "So far I love these Endurance tires, the ONLY ones made in in USA" doesn't seem relevant to this thread in that you certainly can't have had them an appreciable length of time. We also would prefer to buy American at every opportunity, but in this case Goodyear seems to have lost some of the gloss off their logo. Marathons have about the same reputation as Trailer King and the like. I believe the OP is in a financial position looking for the best proven tire at the best price. I'm glad there are people like you willing to put a few bucks out to test a new product. Goodyear has been a great brand for many, many years, and I hope they again regain their position of leadership. But in the meantime we'll be staying with Sailun, Carlisle, and Michelin.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #30
srvnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
srvnt, your "So far I love these Endurance tires, the ONLY ones made in in USA" doesn't seem relevant to this thread in that you certainly can't have had them an appreciable length of time. We also would prefer to buy American at every opportunity, but in this case Goodyear seems to have lost some of the gloss off their logo. Marathons have about the same reputation as Trailer King and the like. I believe the OP is in a financial position looking for the best proven tire at the best price. I'm glad there are people like you willing to put a few bucks out to test a new product. Goodyear has been a great brand for many, many years, and I hope they again regain their position of leadership. But in the meantime we'll be staying with Sailun, Carlisle, and Michelin.
I guess I missed something in the OP's original statement "and Suggestions for replacements?". Never a fan of GY till the started making ST's here again (in the USA). I would trust GY's (American company) technology, research and development, testing, and American workers producing them over foreign interest. That includes "Americans" who manufacture them in far away lands. Marathon quality suffered when they went offshore, before that, when the were made in they USA (by Americans) they had a great reputation, not the same reputation as china bombs at all. I did a lot of research and am very confident these new tires (the only ones made in the USA) will be successful. Although some of the tires mentioned may be adequate, in my personal experience with them (30 years of towing with a half dozen blowouts at the most inconvenient times and places), they are no means a superior product, as they have been all questionable in quality over the years, including GY. I think one shouldn't put quality and safety over a nominal "best price" especially when it comes to the cheesy RV industry. I would actually pay double if I could be assured my trailer tire wouldn't explode like a MOAB on vacation or traveling (no I don't overload, under inflate, etc.). Just this guinea pig/pioneer/trailblazer's 2 cents, haha.

2013 Passport 2890RL GT
HB Cal
Old 04-23-2017, 05:30 PM   #31
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvnt View Post
I guess I missed something in the OP's original statement "and Suggestions for replacements?". Never a fan of GY till the started making ST's here again (in the USA). I would trust GY's (American company) technology, research and development, testing, and American workers producing them over foreign interest. That includes "Americans" who manufacture them in far away lands. Marathon quality suffered when they went offshore, before that, when the were made in they USA (by Americans) they had a great reputation, not the same reputation as china bombs at all. I did a lot of research and am very confident these new tires (the only ones made in the USA) will be successful. Although some of the tires mentioned may be adequate, in my personal experience with them (30 years of towing with a half dozen blowouts at the most inconvenient times and places), they are no means a superior product, as they have been all questionable in quality over the years, including GY. I think one shouldn't put quality and safety over a nominal "best price" especially when it comes to the cheesy RV industry. I would actually pay double if I could be assured my trailer tire wouldn't explode like a MOAB on vacation or traveling (no I don't overload, under inflate, etc.). Just this guinea pig/pioneer/trailblazer's 2 cents, haha.
GY G614 is a great tire. GY Marathons are crap. Bought a new truck once with GY and they were crap. Glad some are trying these as they may earn a rep like the G614 but until I'll stick with Carlisle for the next 5 years as it will take that long to see how the GY fare.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:13 AM   #32
notanlines

Srvnt, "I would actually pay double if I could be assured my trailer tire wouldn't explode like a MOAB" your statement couldn't be more true. After two quick blowouts in 65 miles and $9200 damage it takes a long time until one feels comfortable again. We have about 14,000 or so on the Sailuns after that "incident" and just recently have I started to feel comfortable again.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:49 PM   #33
cvin

i second the posts on "would pay double" for very high quality tires

srvnt just curious if you had a tpms system on them and there was no temp warning etc?

have had some slow leaks set off my tpms systems but never had a blow out with them to see if it would possibly catch it
Old 04-24-2017, 09:51 PM   #34
cvin

i run michelins on my cars/trucks

are there some great michelin trailer tires? they did not pop up when searching discount tire
Old 04-25-2017, 08:09 AM   #35
srvnt

Quote:
i second the posts on "would pay double" for very high quality tires

srvnt just curious if you had a tpms system on them and there was no temp warning etc?

have had some slow leaks set off my tpms systems but never had a blow out with them to see if it would possibly catch it
A relatively new device, I did not have in the last say 30 years but only recently. I would bet it definitely would have caught some malfunctions. I'm sure others could testify of early warnings.

2013 Passport 2890RL GT
HB Cal

Tags
tires