Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
sourdough,

The factory is notorious for installing the anti-siphon valve "backwards". I'd guess they do that almost as much as they put the black/gray tank decals on the wrong handles....

That said, your valve may have just been installed backwards, it'd build up pressure and when you removed the hose, it would "spit back at you".... The dealership probably just removed it, installed a "open loop" and called it a day... You're good to go, it won't cause a leak and probably is more "leak proof" than any anti-siphon valve would be. The only problem is that there's no "valve to stop leaking" if the black tank should start to "siphon" through that fitting and out the hose. Most who have removed their anti-siphon valve have started using a "garden hose anti-siphon valve" on the trailer wall hose fitting. You can find them at Lowe's in the lawn irrigation section.

Thinking about it, your dealer may have installed a new "wall fitting" on your trailer with an anti-siphon valve built in. It would be essentially the same thing as your city water connection. Who knows, with any certainty, what they may have done, but if it's worked for 4 years, I wouldn't worry about it now LOL
Thanks John. I carry a couple of anti siphon valves with me and I've used one on the black tank flush just to be sure. I suspected just having an open loop would be OK but didn't know if others may have had some kind of issue with them that I was unaware of. Guess I'll just keep on keeping on. It's worked well since it was repaired so guess I won't look for trouble where there is none
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:16 PM   #22
xrated

OK guys......be kind to me, I own my first ever camping type trailer (Impact 303 Toy Hauler) and have no clue what the anti-siphon valve is or what it is there for. Can someone please let me know what it is (obviously to prevent siphoning) and what it's for and so on. Thanks in advance.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:58 AM   #23
BuxCamper

It's a check valve that won't let you accidently start a siphon and suck water you don't want in a direction you don't want. You don't want to suck black tank contents into your feed hose or the system supplying water to the camper.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:02 AM   #24
riverrat

Update-I found the anti-siphon valve under the bathroom sink. My question is can I remove and pipe through and add a backflow preventer (home depot $5.82) on the exterior black water hose connection? I believe it would serve the same purpose.
riverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:06 AM   #25
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
Update-I found the anti-siphon valve under the bathroom sink. My question is can I remove and pipe through and add a backflow preventer (home depot $5.82) on the exterior black water hose connection? I believe it would serve the same purpose.
Works for me...