Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2015, 08:11 AM   #1
BlueknightWI

Xtra Ride Extended warranty questions

I am sending this out to see if anyone here has purchased the Xtra Ride Extended warranty. If you have, how much did you pay for the Platinum package, and have you needed to use it? Our coach is still under one year of ownership and we are considering purchasing the package through our dealership. They quoted me $1995 for 5 additional years. Also, is the tire and wheel program worth it? For $250 extra it seems to be. Also what are the deductibles?
BlueknightWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:37 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Instead of purchasing an extended warranty (from any company) you might want to consider setting aside "x" dollars per month or a lump sum of $2000 in a special "RV fund".

If and when you need to make any repairs, simply withdraw the money from this account. Over time, you can build up a bit of a nest egg and should you have to dip into it to pay for something, the money will be there for you. If you don't happen to use all of money, it is yours - not the extended warranty outfit - to keep.

It goes without saying that you need to read the fine print very carefully. These types of warranties have an extensive list of exclusions. Often, there are more things that are not covered than covered. So it's "buyer beware".

I'd get a copy of the policy and find out what's in there - including the deductibles.

Bottom line? Save your money.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:03 AM   #3
Javi

We put $50 a week into the "TRAILER FUND" been doing this for several years and we have never had a major expense. Last year when we traded up tho the Cougar 333MKS the "TRAILER FUND" funded a substantial cash down payment over the trade-in allowance with a good bit left over as seed money. We continue to "put" money in every week..
Old 10-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #4
Tbos

Picked up my new Passport 2810BH today. They offered the Xtraride for a total of 7 years, $200 deductible for $1828, $500 Deductible $1640. The cost at another dealer last year was $1400. Seems to be some additional profit for the dealer in there. I like the idea of just putting the funds aside to cover unexpected issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:07 AM   #5
spicercars

Read the fine print before you make a decision. I did not buy the warranty when we purchased our new raptor after reading the fine print. The warranty would cover a broken water pipe but not cove the water damage. The water damage is the expensive part not the pipe.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:42 AM   #6
BlueknightWI

Thank you all. I guess we will establish a trailer fund as well.
BlueknightWI is offline   Reply With Quote