Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 05:28 AM   #21
Alpine3100RL2115

DeRving one finds out that you downsized too much! LOL! I would like to find another Alpine 3100rl 2015 to see if if The BED ROCK FLOOR SYSTEM WORKS. Any owners out here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2015, 06:43 AM   #22
rbev2308

I have a 2014 Alpine except I have a 3535RE and it is standard with the bedrock floor system. Now I don't go in the thing and do jumping jacks but the floor is sturdy and solid. I even pulled back the inner panel and one of the underbelly bolts and I was impressed with some of the welding. I honestly expected worse. I guess time will tell. I feel for your situation and would not wish it on anyone but coming from a family of campers for over 4 decades, I just grow to expect that these rolling bricks with very little suspension rolling down the road at 70 mph are going to have some issues. I just deal with it and hope for the best and handle each situation as it occurs.
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
Old 04-24-2015, 08:56 AM   #23
Alpine3100RL2115

Well the bank has the soft floor Keystone says that's not covered under warranty and its unrepairable, we let Ally Financial pick it up at the dealer. Thanks for your assist.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:22 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine3100RL2115 View Post
Well the bank has the soft floor Keystone says that's not covered under warranty and its unrepairable, we let Ally Financial pick it up at the dealer. Thanks for your assist.

There goes your credit rating. Good luck with your next purchase.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-24-2015, 09:34 AM   #25
Steve S

So I'm wondering if I'm the only one that's jumped up and down on their floors?
Mine don't move, thinking about a barn dance tonight
Old 04-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

The way this is apparently turning out is unfortunate. I have an island very similar to the one in the video. Although I've never jumped etc. in the RV I went to the same position as in the video and sort of bounced up and down like the lady in the video. The water in my glass did move but the island did not move as theirs did. My movement was very obviously from the suspension/tires (I only have my stabilizers down). I don't know how it would shake if the stabilizers were up. It appears there is an issue but you would think there would be a better solution than turning it back to the bank.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:15 AM   #27
cw3jason

The floors are only half in plywood and the island is barely screwed down. I would expect to get some movement. These trailers are built to travel light, they are not a house. I have to tell visitors and my DD that all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
Old 04-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw3jason View Post
The floors are only half in plywood and the island is barely screwed down. I would expect to get some movement. These trailers are built to travel light, they are not a house. I have to tell visitors and my DD that all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I completely agree with you. A travel trailer has to be built to flex, bend and accommodate the stresses encountered on the roadway. If it were built "solid and inflexible, like a house" it would literally "shake apart" when being towed. If you think about it, a travel trailer/fifth wheel/motorhome encounters "earthquake, hurricane and tornado conditions" every time we get on the interstate and set the cruise control at the speed limit.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #29
Bob Landry

This entire thread is really absurd and the OP's writing skills make it even a little more confusing. None of it really makes sense to me, but my first step would be to run the Vin and see if it has been titled to someone else and where it has been. Too many dots here just don't connect. A full holding tank on a brand new trailer. It's hard to buy into that one. And a 2015, even without leaks, could not have gotten that wet on the lot to cause the floor to turn mushy.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 04-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #30
JAM2015

After reading all 28+ posts, I still have very little idea what is actually going on in this thread. I can understand Bob Landry's and JTRJH's posts, but...

...the OP's description of issues, and English use in general has made me think public schools have failed the citizens of this republic.

Can someone give me the Cliff Notes version? Is it "buyer bought unit that is built poorly built, had a full crapper tank, and dealership is stiffing them on getting it fixed?"
Old 04-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #31
JRTJH
Site Team

I'm not sure if there is a Cliff's Notes version of something this "crappy" <pun intended> but from what I can decipher of the OP's version: He bought a new Alpine, found out the black tank was full, the floor "bounced" if you weigh 175 pounds and jump up and down next to the Island countertop. Apparently, he became ill while inside the trailer and elected to return it to the dealership because Keystone/dealer won't repair it to his satisfaction and the bank has repossessed it.

Now, my version: The OP bought an Alpine, left the black tank dump valve open and toilet paper/solid waste built up under the toilet discharge to the black tank. That dried in place and stopped the toilet from flushing properly. The dealership wanted to charge him to clean the tank (not a warranty item) so he refused the repair until the odor made him ill. When nothing else would get the dealership's attention, he took videos of someone jumping next to the island, claimed the floor was defective and wanted it repaired. When Keystone said it was normal, he elected to return the trailer to the dealership where he reports, "we let Ally Financial pick it up".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-24-2015, 04:03 PM   #32
JAM2015

OK, THAT I understood completely! Thanks. That version sounded plausible also. I had a hard time believing that a dealership would have allowed a new unit to be sold with even a soiled tank, let alone a full tank. But I have been called difficult at least once in my lifetime.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:07 PM   #33
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM2015 View Post
After reading all 28+ posts, I still have very little idea what is actually going on in this thread. I can understand Bob Landry's and JTRJH's posts, but...

...the OP's description of issues, and English use in general has made me think public schools have failed the citizens of this republic.

Can someone give me the Cliff Notes version? Is it "buyer bought unit that is built poorly built, had a full crapper tank, and dealership is stiffing them on getting it fixed?"
There appears to be a significant number of members who are unable to determine what "is actually going on in this thread". I somehow doubt if the public school system has failed because of one person who seems to have difficulty expressing himself clearly and making it extremely difficult for the rest of us to make much sense of what happened.

It may be that the "buyer bought a unit that is poorly built, had a full crapper tank" and is being stiffed by the dealership but that is only speculation. We are only getting a convoluted version of what went on and we are left with trying to "fill in the blanks".

Since the thread seems to be "going nowhere" and doesn't look like it will reach its destination anytime soon, it is now closed.
Closed Thread