Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
TDR

Alpine 3495fl vs. montana 3750fl

I am contemplating moving up to either a alpine 3495fl or montana 3750 they seem to be pretty comparable. Montana has arched ceilings, a desk, but i don't know if i like walking thru bathroom to get to beedroom. can you 3750 owners tell me about yourfeelings of walking thru bath. Alpine 3495fl has a 12inch frame and hallway between enclosed toilet room and shower and cherry cabinates vs. hickory although i really like both woods. My first 5er i think is to small to be in for an extended time a 34ft cruiser. Of course salesmen both say theirs is higher end and better. what is your thoughts on this. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY REPLIES
TDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
mhs4771

I understand from members on the MOC that Montana is making some changes for the new models, like 12" Frame, Cherry woodwork, and by some accounts a change in the Bedroom/Bathroom entry to match the Alpine. Not exactly sure when these changes will take effect, but something to think about. Depending on your budget you might want to take a look at the Redwood FL too.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
curlyfungirl

You need to go see the units several different times and go with the one you feel most comfortable with. If you are having some hesitation you might want to wait until you find the right unit that says it is the one.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
mr.windows1

We love our Montana ours is a 2012 but we looked at both models very closely and went with the montana the walk thru bath is no big deal at all half the time you never hear anyone come in and use it if your sleeping and we felt the bath seemed bigger than the Alpine and we liked the kitchen layout better also. They are both very nice it was just a matter of preference! Good luck with your decision.
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
Reese Pro Series Slider
mr.windows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
mr.windows1

I should have mentioned we didn't like the second door entering the carpeted bedroom on the Montana it comes into the bath so if your coming in or your friends to use the bathroom you can access the bath directly and don't have to get any carpet dirty And unless I'm mistaken you are still walking thru the bath area on the Alpine also if your on the inside of the coach just a little different on what you see.
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
Reese Pro Series Slider
mr.windows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:18 AM   #6
Engine31

We have the Alpine and I like the walk through with the seperate bath and shower. When we are getting ready to step out and she's using the vanity, it's still nice and easy to pass through.

I also liked the great room affect of the Alpine, no desk or front closet and the kitchen along the slide makes for alot of room.

This post is a little late, but just had give my $.02