Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
FladerFamily

Bought it! Keystone Cougar 330RBK

Well, we did it. We will pick up our Cougar 330RBK next Friday in Florida! We're pretty excited as this is a major upgrade from our 316QBS.

A couple of gotta's right off the bat: We gotta put in a ceiling fan...why, Keystone, did you not put a ceiling fan in the main living room?

We gotta replace the couch in the kids room with the dinette from the living room - why? cos you only eat 3 meals a day, 2 of which are normally outside! So, 2 couches in the main LR...I think so!

We gotta go to Camping World...again!

So, has anybody out there put a ceiling fan up? Any recommendations?
Nate
FladerFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #2
SD10

Flader Family,
I noticed your posting about buying the 330RBK. Congrats on a nice trailer. I too am looking to purchase that same fifth wheel (2013) but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I've been figuring out my weight limits, etc. to make sure they are good to go. Can I ask what you pull your 330RBK with? and have you determined the exact weights of the trailer? Any information you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS - I've put my weight and truck information in the following thread:

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9208

2010 Ford F250 SD XLT FX4 with 6.8L Triton V10
2010 Wildwood 26BHXL
SD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
Comptech

Congrats! I never thought to move the couch out of the bunk house, with our 330RBK I removed one of the bench seats and replaced it with two standing chairs to make for better seating in the living area... I haven't put a ceiling fan in, but I have thought of adding a Fantastic fan to the kitchen air vent...

2012 Cougar 330RBK
GVWR 12,265
2004 Ford F-350
Comptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
Cougarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaird View Post
Congrats! I never thought to move the couch out of the bunk house, with our 330RBK I removed one of the bench seats and replaced it with two standing chairs to make for better seating in the living area... I haven't put a ceiling fan in, but I have thought of adding a Fantastic fan to the kitchen air vent...
What was all involved with pulling the bench out? Did it involve any destruction of the woodwork? If not, I imagine it would then be relatively easy to re-install at a later date if needed? Could both sides come out? And does it look real obvious that something was removed?

I am kinda wishing that our coach had come with the dinette and chairs instead of the bench seats. We don't need that much sleeping capacity, especially with the bunks, and the air bed sofa next to the table.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Comptech

Cougarfamily,
The bench seat came right out, It left some small screw holes on the wall, and the carpet was dimpled, but not really noticeable. I thought about removing the other bench seat on the bunk wall, but it has an electrical outlet in the bottom and I didn't want to mess with that.. We found some nice standing chairs at a thrift store for like 10 bucks each... and yea I have the bench seat stored in the garage in case I ever want to put it back, but I don't think I ever would..
Of course you loose some sleeping area too by doing this, not that we would ever use it...

2012 Cougar 330RBK
GVWR 12,265
2004 Ford F-350
Comptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
Cougarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaird View Post
Cougarfamily,
The bench seat came right out, It left some small screw holes on the wall, and the carpet was dimpled, but not really noticeable. I thought about removing the other bench seat on the bunk wall, but it has an electrical outlet in the bottom and I didn't want to mess with that.. We found some nice standing chairs at a thrift store for like 10 bucks each... and yea I have the bench seat stored in the garage in case I ever want to put it back, but I don't think I ever would..
Of course you loose some sleeping area too by doing this, not that we would ever use it...
Thanks for the reply. Will have to go out and have a look at it.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote