Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
ClanDad

Possible grounding issue with leveling system!

On our recent outing to Northern VA I encountered a problem with my level up landing gear. As we were breaking camp and I readied the lodge for travel, my landing gear was not responsive. I realized the small 7.5 amp fuse above the system control was blown. I replaced it with a 5amp and up the jacks went.
A week or so later, I took the lodge to a local park for a weekend and again as I went to raise the jacks, they were unresponsive! I immediately looked at the aforementioned fuse and sure enough it was blown.
Is this a grounding issue or a larger problem I need to be concerned with?
ClanDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:37 PM   #2
bobbecky

It is impossible to give any advise or suggestions without knowing year, make and model rig you are having issues with.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:39 PM   #3
Desert185

See this thread where you posted the same issue.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=29023
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:57 AM   #4
ClanDad

We have a 2015 Raptor 425TS and on our recent outing to Northern VA I encountered a problem with my level up landing gear. As we were breaking camp and I readied the lodge for travel, my landing gear was not responsive. I realized the small 7.5 amp fuse above the system control was blown. I replaced it with a 5amp and up the jacks went.
A week or so later, I took the lodge to a local park for a weekend and again as I went to raise the jacks, they were unresponsive! I immediately looked at the aforementioned fuse and sure enough it was blown.
Is this a grounding issue or a larger problem I need to be concerned with?[/QUOTE]
ClanDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:44 AM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Have you checked to make sure that the 7.5 amp fuse is the correct size? If 7.5 amp is the correct size, the 5 amp fuse you have neen using is only 2/3 of the correct size. Any additional resistance to the normal movement on the leveler(s) maybe enough to blow an undersized fuse.
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling