Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #21
bruno4

What's with all this fuss about bike stuff? Going camping? Leave the bikes home. Take the dog and go for a walk. Besides, I bet you are too old to even ride a bike!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #22
Festus2
Site Team

I hope you are not serious in your comment. Please read my PM to you.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #23
RCrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno4 View Post
What's with all this fuss about bike stuff? Going camping? Leave the bikes home. Take the dog and go for a walk. Besides, I bet you are too old to even ride a bike!
My kids sure aren't. We spend a lot of time riding around and exploring.

Jason

'12 (EDITED) 324RLB- 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath
Old 10-24-2011, 06:55 AM   #24
webslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno4 View Post
I've seen a lot of strange comments on the forums I'm a member of, but, that one is truly bizarre...

How old is too old for a bike? If you are too old for a bike or that "frail", then you shouldn't be behind the wheel of 8 tons or better of RV. I have a lady friend that just finished biking across the entire country...in her 60's. I have RA and bicycle quite frequently and we always take our bikes with us. There are thousands of "Rails to Trails" bike paths across the country. The wife and I can cover 36 miles (72 miles round trip) easily in a "liesurely" fashion along one of these trails and see some marvelous scenery and towns. Many of the train tracks were laid on gentle grades and along rivers and streams so that the water could be used for the steam engines that helped open this country up and they pass through small towns that owe their beginnings to the trains those trains. Some absolutely breath taking scenery and only accessible by bike.

Cycling is also a marvelous form of exercise and "physical therapy". Good for the heart, joint flexibility, calorie burning and co-ordination. Looking around some campsites that we've been in, some folks could stand some "serious bike time" A few laps around the park after dinner aids digestion, burns some of those calories and aids in a "sound nights" worth of sleeping along with getting to "meet a lot of fine RVers".

When I'm "too old to even ride a bike", I'll be too old to get behind the wheel of my RV... Too old for a bike? I don't think I've seen that age yet and I'm 59 years young.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
Old 10-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #25
Festus2
Site Team

Riding Off Into the Sunset

A fitting commentary and summation to this thread!
There have been numerous posts - most of which - give the original poster plenty of suggestions about his concern regarding bike racks.
Thank you to those who contributed positive and worthwhile ideas.

The thread is now closed.
Closed Thread