Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2015, 05:41 AM   #21
Firemenfred

i have a 2011 300 and they look the same. i want to peel them off and find something to replace them with like a wrap. i price out new decals and its about 700+. the dealer told me that some pieces are new and good and some are the old bad pieces. the old piece are where the high coast are.

any idea on how to get the goo off with out damaging the clear coat?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:35 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Do a Forum Search for "Decal Removal" or "Adhesive Removal" and you should find a number of threads. This topic has been covered a number of times in the past with some very good (and detailed) methods to remove both the decals and the remaining adhesive.

I'd do the search for you, but I'm on a "VERY SLOW" Verizon signal in the middle of nowhere and don't want to spend the time right now. If you can't find what you're looking for, PM me and when I get to a place with a better wireless signal, I'll give you a hand.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:43 AM   #23
BOWWOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemenfred View Post
i have a 2011 300 and they look the same. i want to peel them off and find something to replace them with like a wrap. i price out new decals and its about 700+. the dealer told me that some pieces are new and good and some are the old bad pieces. the old piece are where the high coast are.

any idea on how to get the goo off with out damaging the clear coat?
I used Acetone and many many rags and small towels. It takes 2 or 3 times to get all of the (GOO) adhesive off. I removed mine. The Big White Mint was very boring to look at, so I went to Hobby Lobby and for $20.00 I have a new Porch Honky Edition 1 of 1 by Keystone.

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:41 PM   #24
rs2049

Running Decals

I have a 2012 Raptor 365LEV. The decal on this is white and black. It has done the same thing. It "runs" a blood red down the inside of the decal and then starts to fade. The white background on mine has now turned yellow from the top down. It has nothing to do with how you treated in, snow or any other thing other than the decal does not work on the fiberglass cap. All the rest of the decals on my unit and in pristine condition with the exception of the front cap. I have tried talking to Keystone both on my own and through a dealership with NO luck. It is going to cost me $500 of have it removed.
rs2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:56 AM   #25
rjsurfer

I love the "history" of Keystone front caps. First there was the attempts of using filon that didn't work out so they went to molded caps and the first year of so they cracked. Then they started to use large fancy decals and you know that story. Finally their up to full body type paint on the caps and there fading!

Yeeesh, why can't they get this thing right the first time. Don't they test this stuff before getting out to the market???? They must be losing millions on warranty work on all their front cap "versions".

If they put on tenth the money they spent on warranting these front caps into some testing they would be ahead of the game by miles.

HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE DECENT FRONT CAP?

Ron W.
700 watts solar
2000 watt inverter
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:33 AM   #26
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs2049 View Post
I have a 2012 Raptor 365LEV. The decal on this is white and black. It has done the same thing. It "runs" a blood red down the inside of the decal and then starts to fade. The white background on mine has now turned yellow from the top down. It has nothing to do with how you treated in, snow or any other thing other than the decal does not work on the fiberglass cap. All the rest of the decals on my unit and in pristine condition with the exception of the front cap. I have tried talking to Keystone both on my own and through a dealership with NO luck. It is going to cost me $500 of have it removed.
$500 to simply remove the decal? Or $500 to remove and replace it? If that is for removal only, get a second opinion. It should not cost nearly that much to simply have the decal removed and the adhesive cleaned off. AS others have pointed out in this thread and other threads going back to the start of the forum, decal removal is not that difficult.

One of my "swirls" is starting to shrink. It's the only one that is showing signs of deterioration. I am thinking that I won't do anything with it for a while and see what happens. If it needs to be replaced someday, I will probably take it to a sign shop and have them either replace it with another vinyl decal or paint it back on. Either way, I am not putting that kind of money into fixing a single decal.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #27
SmittysRV

My Raptor looks brand new as I wash and wax it often. Its sad that the Front Cap looks Sooo bad....

https://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps7fb09er8.png

Tow Vehicle: 2006 F550 studded and bullet proofed!
Toys: 2012 RZR XP4 900, Yamaha WR450, TTR230 and 2 TTR90s.
SmittysRV is offline   Reply With Quote