Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2015, 03:42 AM   #1
crash32

Raptor 332TS

Hello Folks

Well we brought home are awesome 2014 Raptor the other weekend from its inside but not heated cold storage location. We love the unit and are very happy with it. We know there will be issues and stuff to fix since your basically pulling a big box down the road.When we where hooking up we noticed a crack in the body by the bedroom slide out. I have contacted the place I purchased and they have approval to fix it under warranty. They said it is very common and they do this repair often. They will grind out a control joint and fix the fiberglass and repaint. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I was thinking of removing the skirt under the bedroom and looking to see if any of the welds or anything has moved. The service guy said if there was a structural issue we would have other signs and problems.
Just looking for some input.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150417_194516 (Medium).jpg
Views:	149
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	8439  
crash32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:11 AM   #2
spicercars

If I where you I would check into that crack a little further. They might tell you its normal but I have owned many hard side campers and have never seen a crack like that. There is a reason that the crack is there. If they just grind it out and repair it that's not a permanent fix and it will return unless the problem is found. I worked with fiberglass for many years and it doesn't crack for no reason.