Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
gkainz

245RL entry steps

On our 245RL Laredo, I've noticed that our fold-out entry steps (3 steps - pulls out then bottom step folds out) ends up with the 1st step nearly on the ground when level. Seems almost unnecessary, but the step is not usable if left folded up, as the bottom is uneven. Anyone else notice this? Thoughts for mods?
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
campingcpl

You could always change out the steps to a 2 step model that you can get from your local rv supply store and then just carry a platform type step for when you need that 3rd step. I know on our trailer, we have had sites where we needed all 3 steps because of the slop of the site and have had sites that have sloped the opposite and the 3rd step was pretty much touching the ground. I hope this helps.

Here's another thought, and I have done this before. If your step is hitting the ground to the point where it wont lay flat, you can put a couple of leveling blocks under the back tires of the trailer which will increase the hight of the rear of the trailer and allow the step to lay flat.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote