Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2019, 07:37 AM   #21
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi_guy View Post
@chuckster57

I recently got a goosebox 20K. Have you seen or ran into the goosebox hitting the side rails of a toneau cover? Mine hits. Are there any adjustments that can be made?

I have an F450 long box. With the toneau cover rails removed this thing is so long it almost hits the side rails of my truck.

Thoughts?
You said almost, so there isn't an issue? If you want more clearance you may be able to either adjust or add an extender to increase the clearance.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:40 AM   #22
wifi_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofcy View Post
You said almost, so there isn't an issue? If you want more clearance you may be able to either adjust or add an extender to increase the clearance.
You must have not read the part where I can't have my toneau cover installed at the same time as I am towing with the goosebox? That to me is a major issue.

I need 3 inches of lift to avoid the clearance issue when turning with my toneau installed. I am not aware of a product that would give me 3 inches of lift? If you have any recommendations I would love to see them.

Thanks,
wifi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:06 PM   #23
Whitewolf

I had a roll up tonneau which added an inch or so to the bed height. When the dealer install the GB the distance between the bottom of the 5r and the top of the tonneau rails was a little over 4". I questioned the service manager about this and his answer was 'We've installed a lot of these and that's the correct distance.

Long story short, while backing up, the 5r and truck got at too different of an angle from each other. The tonneau rail poked a hole in the underside of the 5r.

I went online and looked up the directions for installing the GB. If I remember correctly, the minimum was supposed to be close to 8".

I went back to the dealer and had them lower the GB 1 set of holes. That increased the distance between the two to fix the problem.

BTW, guess who was on the hook to pay for and install a whole new overhang underside. Hint, it wasn't me.

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
'21 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Sinister Diesel oil bypass
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:55 PM   #24
tazzerblue

Anyone have photo's of the gooseneck box. I have problems with clearance with my Ram Box
tazzerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:18 PM   #25
Whitewolf

Tazzerblue- Are you wanting a pic of just the Goosebox? Or while it's hooked up to the truck? I have a Ram with a short bed, but not the Ram Box.

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
'21 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Sinister Diesel oil bypass
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #26
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi_guy View Post
@chuckster57

I recently got a goosebox 20K. Have you seen or ran into the goosebox hitting the side rails of a toneau cover? Mine hits. Are there any adjustments that can be made?

I have an F450 long box. With the toneau cover rails removed this thing is so long it almost hits the side rails of my truck.

Thoughts?

Sorry, late to reply but didn’t see this until now. We haven’t had a customer with tonneau cover rails. The height of the hitch from the ball socket to the bag is not adjustable.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:08 PM   #27
TandE

I have a long box ram 3500 with no ram box but with a tonneau cover. It comes close to the rails under sharp turns but doesn’t hit.
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch